Vaccinated and got covid-19

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by carnivore, Sep 9, 2021.

Is the vax a good idea?

1. Vax is safe and effective

12.7%
  2. Vax is likely safer than getting the china virus

30.9%
  3. Vax and virus seem to have nearly equivalent risks

16.4%
  4. Vax seems somewhat riskier than getting the china virus

5.5%
  5. Vax will likely have side effects in 3-10 years, everyone vaxed will regret

20.0%
  6. The globalists are trying to decimate the human population

7.3%
  7. I dont know and dont trust anything until i see this a play out

34.5%
  8. No reason for healthy people under 40 to get

10.9%
  9. Ill get the jab in 3-5 years if it seems safe at that point

3.6%
  10. The vax is the devil, never ever take it no matter what

3.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    How many vaccinated people do you know that got mildly sick, got very sick, on their deathbed, or deceased from covid-19? And which variant?

i know no-one that got sick for more than a few days from the vaccine itself. I know 3 people that got mildly sick from getting covid-19 after they were vaccinated. I know zero people that were vaccinated and passed away or got extremely sick from the china virus.

CRFmxracer likes this.
  2. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I know dozens that were fully vax'd and got Covid. Can't say what variant and the reason we have variants is cause of the vax. It is creating the variants. Anyhow, several I know were on vents, couple passed away, several folks were pretty dang sick and some others not as much.

James Scott White and carnivore like this.
  3. Col. Angus

Col. Angus Spike

Aug 31, 2021
    Lex
    I was pretty sick with the delta variant a couple weeks ago. I was vaccinated in April. Idk what the deal is but we need to figure something out.

edit: by pretty sick I mean I had a fever for 3 days and couldn’t get out of bed. I didn’t have to go to the hospital.

4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I have lost several friends to covid, but none that were vaccinated. I know several, including family members, that were vaccinated, and caught covid. but they all fully recovered. The vaccine won't prevent you from catching it, but it sure does save lives.

5. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    Folks gets vaccinated for the flu and still get the flu. I’ve had that happen to myself before. But I still get the flu vaccine.

My little lady got covid in November 2020 not sure which variant, but it put a whooping on her. She’s now vaccinated, so hopefully she’s got good antibodies working now.

6. Col. Angus

Col. Angus Spike

Aug 31, 2021
    Lex
    No disagreement here BG.

JR PORTER and CRFmxracer like this.
  7. FF/EMT516

FF/EMT516 6 pointer

Nov 22, 2020
    Blackrock, Ky
    My parents, sister, her husband and son, my brother, his wife and son. And several other people who were vaccinated who had it and some were pretty sick and others not so much. None had to stay in the hospital though.

8. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 12 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Im going to start with this. The two main vaccines used here in the states both were touted as 95% effective. That means 5 out of 100 people vaccinated may still contract the virus.

Now add in the likelihood that somewhere there were doses that were administered that may have remained in the syringe longer than 1 hour limit from being drawn up which may decrease its effectiveness.

I will add Pfizer first claimed there vaccine was somewhere around 87% effective until Moderna released theres was 95% effective. The next day Pfizer reported after further review of there data theres was 95% effective also.

Now add in the Johnson and Johnson vaccine which claims to be 66% effective at preventing the virus this means 34 out of 100 may still contract the virus but J&J claims there vaccine is 100% at preventing death.

Now to your question about my knowledge of breakthrough cases and there severity. Until today the few I knew of that tested positive just had sinus/allergy symptoms and some had a sore throat, a couple had low grade fever. But today I spoke to a coworker in TN that was Pfizer vaccinated and his breakthrough case put him in the hospital for 12 days and 8 of those days were in I.C.U. On forced air but never got intubated. A little background on him Neither of his Pfizer shot had made him feel bad other than a sore arm but he is pushing 325lbs+ but he is still alive and back to work in hospitals.

As I have said on here before I work in hospitals damn near everyday and all over this country. When the country was on lockdown I was one of those exempt essential workers that damn near never stopped other than a few weeks of furlough and went to most of the super super hotspots damn near every one of them except the extreme west coast. Many times I would be in and around the covid wings and the E.R. I was at the hospital where they took all the FL cruse ship covid patients 3 days after they carried them off the ships.

As soon as we had a test in the US I stated getting tested and never popped a positive or the antibodies. My wife worked 12 hr shifts testing people at a state sponsored testing site for close to a year until she found a job where they were only testing sick people and concentrated on urgent care. She also was tested on a regular basis and never popped a positive or showed antibodies.

I am certain the only reason we prevented contracting the virus is we extensively practice our training for standard precautions for airborne, droplet and contact precautions including wearing a mask. Now yes we wore properly fitted and not properly fitted N-95 mask last year.

I was the first in my family, and my company to get vaccinated. First dose on 12/23 second on 1/20. My wife got vaccinated a few weeks later, we both took the Moderna vaccine. In February I stopped wearing the N-95 and switched to disposable masks even on air planes and covid wings.

Once this Delta got going strong and my wife started seeing more cases and younger case with worse symptoms than last year I went back to wearing the N-95 while on air planes but a disposable mask at work.

last week I visited a friend/coworker who was healthy and young before contracting the virus. Andrew lives in Denver and hunts the Rockies with a daypack. He spent 10 days in the hospital and had to be on 6 liters of O2 just to breath. Andrew chose not to get vaccinated and now has to keep an O2 bottle with him at all times incase his blood sat gets to low. Andrew wishes he had gotten a vaccine now. I got Andrew out of the house with his O2 bottle and we went in the car and glassed deer while we talked. It was difficult for him to speak but he enjoyed the trip out of the house and could not wait to get strong enough to get out and show his hunting buddies some of the deer we were able to snap pics of.

The question I get asked over and over when people learn I work in a medical field is what vaccine would I recommend. The answer I want to share with everyone is I would get what ever one I could get, they all will improve your chances of surviving this thing if or when you contract it.

I will add I have taken a Flu shot for 25 years straight and once got the flu but only felt bad for half a day when I got it and never practiced any precautions to prevent catching the Flu other than getting the shot.

For the argument that the best protection is the natural immunity of the antibodies from getting it I will say many who got it last year and it didn't whip your ass there are a lot who got it agin this year and they didn't survive the second time or there lungs and body will never heal back to what they were before getting sick the second time. We will all likely get it but from what I have seen the shot may not totally prevent it but it seams to keep most from getting bad sick.

I support everyone's decision either to take it or not but I will be getting the booster once it is made available to me even thought I will not be working in the hospitals everyday after next week.

I have kept quit on this subject for way to long and not shared my experiences but I agree totally with bgkyarcher.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  9. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Thank you for sharing. My wife is a fed and we have 2 mo to decide if she quits or gets vaxed. Both of us had COVID-19 10 months ago.
    If i could wade through all the BS and determine the risk is greater (for me) to not get vaxed vs vaxed, id get poked.

10. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    @bird whisperer thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Excellent post which will however not change anyone's convictions on this hot button subject.

Like a lot of folks on here, I do not like being Commanded to get vaccinated by our Dementia Ridden POTUS and his cronies and handlers. I feel his latest edicts on Compulsory vaccines has had the opposite effect on a lot of folks.
    Everyone has a right to live their own lives, as long as they do not Endanger the lives of others....and that is the crux of the problem.
    The mandatory vaccine Will be challenged in court and the divide will just get deeper and more entrenched in their decision.

I have taken the Vaccine but I Damsure didn't take it because I was COMMANDED to take it. I decided it was the best course for me.
    I might add that I had Zero effects from either of the vaccine shots....or the Booster I got Yesterday..
    Carry on,........

11. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I was at a funeral last night of a fully vaccinated woman.

Again, the data from isreal proves that the vaccine provides minimal protection for a short period of time. It does not significantly lessen symptoms or prevent death.

12. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I think they are showing the same numbers in the Congo. We should be following those advanced civilizations.

13. baknblack

baknblack 12 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Henry County
    I think I had it around the first of the year in 2020 although I had an antibody test run about 8 months later. I got vaccinated in March of this year and right now I've either got a bad case of allergies from the rag weed or covid. No fever at all but, I've got bad post nasel drip, a mild headache and, slight sore throat. I might get one of the home test kits just to see.
    I do personally know 2 people that did not get vaccinated and it just recently about killed both of them.
    The bad thing about this one is it's mutating into more deadly strains. Bio engineered for sure. Did the vaccine play a role in the mutations? This question probably won't be answered for 20 years if ever.

00noturkey likes this.
  14. Mt Pokt

Mt Pokt 8 pointer

Nov 8, 2018
    Campbell County
    Wife's aunt has severe COPD after smoking like a freight train for most of her life. Has spent time in the ICU as a result. She got the Vax months ago and got covid last week. She's spent a few days in the hospital now and is expecting to go home today. There's not a doubt in our minds that without the Vax, we would be burying her.

Her husband has been fighting cancer for the last few years. On chemo for months now. He got covid when his wife did and is home with flue like symptoms. Without the Vax, he most certainly would have been a goner.

I got the Vax soon as it was available to me because if I get sick for an extended period or even dead, what happens to all my employees and their families?

My Mom died from Pulmonary Fibrosis years ago. They suspect it came on as a result of lung damage from pneumonia when she was a child.

Sure, we don't know the long term effects of the Vax, but we don't know the long term effects of the virus either.

timer, FF/EMT516 and zone1 like this.
  15. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Me and my wife took the two Mederna shots back in February . We both have health problems . My wife has a lot more problems than I do .
    She has what is called Vagal syncope where she passes out and it is nerve racking for me to deal with. She about completely quits breathing at times before I get her to respond to me. Blood pressure drops way low. Her lips and finger will turn black like a heart attack.
    I was afraid if she has this seizure like spell and had Covid it would defiantly kill her for sure. She lost her mother to Covid in the nursing home and she was in decent health . Talking just fine up until they tested her and said she had Covid . She did fine for a few days and the it took her down quick and she passed away.
    I have kept a eye on the nursing home deaths and since the vaccine came out , nursing home deaths are way down due to Covid.
    LTCupdate.pdf (ky.gov)

My brother , his wife and son were dead set against getting the shot. They all got the virus about a month ago now , They were so sick and could not breath . A month latter now and they are still having lots of problems with breathing. I asked them if they were going to take the shot now and they said "hell yes just as soon as we can ".

timer likes this.