Utv opinions

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Otdrsman85, Nov 24, 2015.

1. nkybowhunt347

nkybowhunt347 Fawn

Nov 9, 2014
    kenton co.
    Looks like the new teryx2 has a dump bed but the teryx4 doesn't.

Buy a winch for whatever you purchase. I've been looping it over the roof and some winches will come with a wireless remote now, makes it easy to recover a deer on solo hunts. Just winch it up in the bed.

2. GregDeer77

GregDeer77 6 pointer

Oct 22, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Second the ranger. Have had one for about 5 years now with no issues....and we abuse it.

3. jamesw

jamesw 6 pointer

Mar 23, 2011
    seky
    I have a rzr 800. It isnt the easiest thing in the world to put a deer in the back of. Have to tie it up like a pretzel. Lol. I love it though. Go anywhere no problem. For what you want I would go with the ranger. I have rode many hours on a ranger and loved it. They are a nice, comfy, ride. And are workhorses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

4. BigBoy

BigBoy Fawn

Nov 21, 2013
    Times 2 on the Yamaha Viking. Absolutely love the machine! I looked at most all the models you are talking about and after getting in the Viking I was sold. I'm a fairly big guy at 6'4" and have plenty of room. Have had 3 big adults and still had room. Hope this helps.

5. cburton

cburton 6 pointer

Aug 14, 2014
    Guess i am wierd but i own a John Deere 825i and love it. Trust me it will climb until it rolls over backwards. Not the fastest but niether am i any more either

6. sterling

sterling 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2009
    Mt. Sterling,Ky
    I would go with a yamaha or a ranger and would get a price from abernathys in union city,tn they usually smoke everyone on prices!

7. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I never hear people mention Bobcat? I got a Polaris ATV but got a buddy who bought one for work and it's a powerhouse! He did tell me it has a Polaris engine. I didn't realize that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. readonly

readonly 6 pointer

Nov 17, 2012
    I bought a 570 last summer and I like it fine except it comes with a piece o crap battery. My battery connections were bad and I lost all power with a few hours of use. Had to haul it back. I upgraded the battery and have had no problem since. That was a huge PIA. If I had to buy over, with that experience in mind....I'd probably go Gator.

9. therookie

therookie 8 pointer

Aug 24, 2012
    I recommend the quiet cat

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

10. zone1

zone1 8 pointer

Jan 3, 2011
    Bought a 2010 Ranger. No issues, would buy another in a heartbeat.

11. docbuck

docbuck 10 pointer

Nov 28, 2014
    western ky
    Funny, I am pretty sure I'll get beat up if I ride one of those around these parts, unless of course I get a side car for my tree stand buddy, and put up plenty of steer a deer.

12. stevenvalleyagain

stevenvalleyagain 10 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    Can these utvs be used as a 4 wheeler for disking food plots and such?

13. nkybowhunt347

nkybowhunt347 Fawn

Nov 9, 2014
    kenton co.
    In most cases a utv can do everything and then some that an atv can. Disking should be no different

14. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    No you don't.

15. carter county cuckler

carter county cuckler 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    After owning RZR,s and Rangers and also riding with hundreds of them I would stay away from them. If you ride like a grandpa and baby them they will give you plenty of service. My RZR right now has 3500 miles on it. Already on the 2nd set of a arm bushings and wheel bearings and yes I grease it. Rack and pinion is out of it while I speak. Replaced the ECM already. U joints going to need replaced again. Battery lasted a year. All my buddies have been replacing bushings and bearings even sooner than me. Polaris has a score of F with the Better Business Bureau. If you want something dependable you may want to look at the New Can Am defender or Honda pioneer.