Urban Turkey Ridiculousness

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by theprofessor, Jul 18, 2021 at 6:22 PM.

1. theprofessor

theprofessor 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2013
    My in-laws live in Madison, Wisconsin. Turkeys Ga Lore. There was a Tom with about a ten inch beard about 6’ from the front door; I was on a run one morning, and got close enough to a Jake that I coulda kicked it; and a hen and nine poults let me get within 15’. Photodocumentation below:

2. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Conclusive proof that city folk aren’t near as smart as country folk! I don’t have tiktok but my daughter shows me videos made by a guy in Texas. He lets deer in his house and hand feeds them corn. Then he’ll walk outside to his driveway and there’s like 40/50 deer waiting to be fed. Unreal.

theprofessor likes this.
  3. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

RLWEBB likes this.
  4. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Seen that. May have even posted that on here earlier this year. Crazy ain’t it?

5. Ezelkyhunter

Ezelkyhunter 8 pointer

Nov 28, 2013
    So just where do you put the trail cam up in the house!

6. theprofessor

theprofessor 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2013
    And how do you hang a lock-on on a ceiling fan?

7. Ezelkyhunter

Ezelkyhunter 8 pointer

Nov 28, 2013
    Or play the wind. I guarantee you when the central air kicks on your scent gonna go everywhere

8. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    So this post brings to mind a question. Is this a issue with overpopulation because of lack of harvest or is this the turkey population learning how to be successful in living? So populations all over the country are down where turkeys used to be and its being blamed on predation, weather, farming practices, etc. An urban environment has wayy less of all 3 if not completely void of each. So is this the pea brain turkey learning where it can survive/reproduce safely?? May be a total bonehead question but one I wondered on when I seen this.