Unit 3 week 2 bull firearm

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by JayO, Sep 6, 2020.

1. JayO

JayO Fawn

Sep 2, 2020
    Kentucky
    Been scouting all of straight creek and Redbird wma. Not seen any elk and very little sign. But seeing bears on my trips. Trying to diy this hunt for the most part. Also im from London so it’s not a far drive. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. JayO

JayO Fawn

Sep 2, 2020
    Kentucky
    Anyone having any luck in unit 3.

3. 10bears

10bears Fawn

May 13, 2020
    Owenton
    Message me (502) 482 6386. I know a guy that lives up straight creek. I think he will be able to help. Not a guide just loves to hunt.

4. Frankfort hunter

Frankfort hunter Fawn

Oct 9, 2015
    My wife had unit 7 for archery. We did the diy thing also it was awful. Guess we'll head back in December to give it another shot

5. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Sorry to hear that. No elk? Or too busy on the property you had access to?

6. Frankfort hunter

Frankfort hunter Fawn

Oct 9, 2015
    No elk . Not even signs . But everyone I've talked to said zone 7 was the absolute worst zone. But guess we'll go back in December and do a lot more door knocking Because the public areas we went to showed no signs of elk at all

7. JayO

JayO Fawn

Sep 2, 2020
    Kentucky
    I don’t know a lot about unit 7. For unit 3 I drove around a lot and went to stores and asked locals out on 4 wheelers and side by sides. The locals have a lot of first hand knowledge on recent sightings.
    Also used all the maps available to learn the areas. I’m going over me more trip before next weekends hunt. Good luck to u guys.