UMWA Supporting Grimes?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by smashdn, Sep 19, 2014.

1. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
    :eagerness: what he said.

Sad that our choices are generally the lesser of 2 evils.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  2. nwest

nwest 12 pointer

a third option is there but noone wants to talk about it due to it not being "your team"

3. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY
    It's obvious that Grimes will win Lexington and Louisville. It will Essentially be the same as the last presidential race, Grimes will win the Cities and Mitch the rural/country areas.

4. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

So true ... it continues to amaze me how so many don't see the damaging effects of major corporations and billionaires, like the Koch brothers, that are buying our government one politician at a time to line their pockets at the expense of our standard of living, and Mitch is at the front of the line of Koch-suckers selling us out.

Seriously, how does a man making less than $200K per year become the 10th wealthiest man in Congress with an estimated net worth north of $30 Million in less than 30 years?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...5/22/how-did-mitch-mcconnells-net-worth-soar/

5. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    So you DO support Grimes.

Before the primaries you was pushing support for that other guy running against Mitch and kept telling people you would not "hold your nose" and vote Mitch to beat the democrat.

Now the closer it gets to the Nov election you start to sound more and more "friendly" toward Grimes, if I didn't know better I would say you are going to vote for Grimes which would be in support of Obama.

6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    As for the "major corporations and billionaires, like the Koch brothers," take one look at all the billionaires that support the Democrats and have for years all the while getting "Tax exempt status" from the IRS.

"Citizens United" ruling was to counter the Democrats Monopoly on that. The Democrats have been doing it for years. Out of the top 20 richest people in America, 16 of them support and give millions of dollars every year to the Democrats. The Koch brothers rate way down on that list in how much money they give.

7. Moc'sin

Moc'sin Spike

Feb 27, 2010
    Kentucky
    More Dems on that list than Reps
    http://freebeacon.com/politics/more...s-sit-on-10-richest-members-of-congress-list/

8. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
  9. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

Man, you must have that Super X-Ray Vision to see where I said/wrote that! :highly_amused: My Vote is going to the 3rd choice Kentuckians have in this Race, David Patterson the Libertarian, just like I have stated before. Try it....you'll like it.

10. mrdux

mrdux Guest

I've always wanted to ask the same thing of Harry Reid but that would be inappropriate to ask anything like that of a dem. I think Harry and his son also own a bridge to nowhere in the NV desert that nobody seems to know anything about. You might want to think before you continue throwing rocks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  11. yote hunter

yote hunter 12 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    bullitt county
    Do a little research before you post liberal. He got his money from his wife's inheritance

12. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    I'm a little confused as well...I followed the link Grouseguy provided and it plainly states that McConnell's wife got a huge inheritance that caused his net worth to quadruple. Sounds like he just married well.

13. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    I thought the whole idea of slinging crap was not to get any on yourself! It looks like someone posted some thing that got him coverd..LOL they are all crooked as snake Grimes has put so many comercals on in the last month it aint funny
    I would say 4 to Mitchs 1 in my tv area. I wonder who is paying for all this air time. If Patterson had a chance i would vote for him but in reality a vote for him is a vote for Grimes and i aint doing that. If we gain the numbers next time Mitch comes up he wont get my vote. I hate it has came to this but im playing the hand in front of me. God help us if she wins because they will run us over.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

14. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Looks like you pick and cut parts of my post. I explained why I posted that and you left it out.

Nowhere in your post I was replaying to did you state that, maybe in a totally different post but not that one. plus I did say if I did not know better I would say you are going to vote for Grimes . But I knew better. Unless you come out the day before the election and tell everybody different.

15. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Bill and Hillary Clinton went from being "dead broke" and not knowing what they were going to do with their 6 houses to being worth between $100 and $200 million in the last 14 years.