UMWA Supporting Grimes?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by smashdn, Sep 19, 2014.

1. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Just like old grouse guy. Attempting to sound like a scholar and calling others stupid. No offense but I'm not quite sure you understand the differences or history of supply side economics and Keynesian economics. But hey, keep calling people stupid and tell them they don't understand because you are "enlightened" Obviously laughing ;)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Don't forget all the retired Union miners, they vote also.

3. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Those "liberal policies" you talk about, do you mean higher taxes and tougher gun laws? Or do you mean supporting animal rights groups, taking wildlife management away from biologists, bigger government, more welfare, less personal responsibility, open borders, amnesty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Don't forget Mitch voted for amnesty 3 times.Once under Reagan and twice under Bush w. Don't trust Mitch on ILLEGALS.
    He is not against ILLEGALS that most think.I asked him point blank why he supported and voted for Amnesty? Mitch response was well the Farmers of Ky cant do without them and the country needs them to do jobs that Americans wont do.That answer was given to me in 2008 in Louisville where he was holding a public meeting question and answer time at the Gualt House.Dont let him fool you.

5. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY
    Not sure how your comment as anything to do with Grimes getting endorsed by the UMWA, but I will bite!

It's simple, in the race its either Mitch or Grimes and the US can't afford to allow Obama to gain any more power trough Grimes.

6. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    Exactly...if you haven't learned enough already with this out of control administration....theres no teaching you now...grouseguy is a lost cause he won't learn till its too late.....and by then he will be begging to come be in our back yards cause we are willing to fight for our true freedoms...anyhow...no vote is a vote for the D's.........just suck it up and vote the R's in.....it will get better...they are far from perfect.....but not as far as the D'S ARE!!!

7. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Obama reminds me of Rev Jim Jones he tells them to drink his coolaid no matter what flavor and his cult follows. I think his followers are to far gone to ever admit that they have been fooled and will go down with the ship praising him. She is just trying to use him and his cult following to get what she wants because she knows he will be gone soon and someone will have lead his sheep.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

8. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Don't have to bite.I was responding to the poster about the amnesty.He brought it up.
    I was on a committee here in Ky on the fight against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION and 5 of us went to his public meeting in 2008 to ask him about his amnesty votes. Even tho I didn't like his answer I still voted for Mitch in 2008. But this time I wont.I will go 3rd party Patterson and I really don't like his party. Mitch was a RINO during his run with Bevin and most called him that and needed to go.But since they have changed their tune.I haven't it is time to ditch the Mitch.

9. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    If that isn't proof that the union doesn't give a squat about workers, then I don't know what is.

10. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

One of the big reasons you see unions endorsing democrats is that Republicans have been aggressively sponsoring and enacting union busting legislation, especially in the statehouses.

11. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

Exactly ... when corporations and billionaires keep trying to silence the voice of the working man, then we should all stand up and take notice. With the "Citizens United" ruling ... now more than ever, unions are necessary to at least attempt to level the playing field.

It doesn't seem that many really realize exactly who they've sold out to ... and for what!!!

12. mrdux

mrdux Guest

Coming from a card-carrying leftist, that is frickin hilarious.

13. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    What is so hilarious about the truth.........The problem is the middle, which does not exist anymore by design.

14. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

Mitch seems to be getting desperate these last few weeks before we Vote. I can just about assure you Grimes will take Lexington since there is a Mayoral race going on between Democrats. One is White and the other is Black, so you can look for a huge turnout in Fayette County and that is good for Grimes. Is Louisville having anything on the Ballot that will cause a big turnout there? With it being mid-term Election a huge turnout in Jefferson/Fayette Counties, Grimes could seal the victory unless folks go out and vote for Mitch in record numbers throughout the rest of the State and I am not getting that vibe at all for poor old Mitchypoo.

15. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    We should all be worried about this election! I dont like mitch one bit but i cant stand the thought of more dems in power.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk