UK just got better

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Art, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    I'll give you that. This years team is difficult to watch compare to what we are used to. I'm not a big football guy, but I too am glad UK finally opened their checkbook and started to act like they want to win. I may actually get interested if we put a decent program together.

2. Herby

Herby 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2011
    I could not agree more. If they land this 4 Star Qb the future for UK football is as bright as it's ever been. I think Stoops was the best hire of any of the offseason hirings. This is a huge step for the football program.

3. justwannafish

justwannafish 6 pointer

Mar 26, 2009
    louisville, ky

4. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    IMO, it would be the best ever if they land either one of them.

5. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    http://zagsblog.com/articles/dakari...s-move-toward-greatest-recruiting-class-ever/

BF, my gut tells me that Wiggins comes here, but we lose out on Randall and Gordon. I guess they could potentially be a little too stacked to accommodate everyone with the addition of one more player. I have to think that knowing what's already committed, one of the remaining 3 has to realize what kind of special team they would be part of next year. I personally don't see how a guy like Wiggins could consider FSU over what he could be part of here. Not knowing these kids, it's hard to say what they are made of and the level of dedication and work they are willing to put forth. It may be more appealing for Wiggins to go to FSU where he will be the centerpiece and will basically run the show, much like Shabazz.

I just know if I were one of those kids, I'd be wanting to stamp my ticket for UK asap knowing what you will be part of. The hype alone will be beneficial to all of these kids futures, and that's before they even play a game.

6. countryfied252

countryfied252 Spike

Jun 26, 2011
    Campbell County
    I love the fact that we are getting all of these great players. The only thing that worries me is that they are almost always one and dones. They dont have the experience that many other teams have like we had lastyear with miller, jones, lamb and such. It would be awesome if they would stay another year or two but you cant blame them when they know they can make a few million dollars if the leave.

7. grouseguy

grouseguy 12 pointer

Personally, I'll take talent over experience everyday.

8. WhitetailWarrior53081

WhitetailWarrior53081 8 pointer

Aug 3, 2009
    I really, really hope they land Wiggins. I agree there is little FSU has to offer in comparison to UK, but i think his parents have ties there, so you never know. With Wiggins this class definetly becomes the best ever. Either of the other two and its still arguable. This class has been in the works for a couple of years now. And what next years team may laack in experience it will more than make up for in talent. Especially with Wiggins I just can't see another team being able to match up.

I think there will also be a couple from this team that returns. Wiltjer will and right now I think WCS will. Poythress, Noel, and Goodwin will be gone. I know some say Harrow will come back, and hopefully he does, but I just think that if he's going to be able to go pro it better be this year. A weak draft, and an opportunity for him to lead the team as the PG give him his best chance this year. Next year the team and the draft will be loaded. He will see his minutes drop next year, which is a bad combination in such a strong draft. If he has any chance at being a draft pick this year, I think he's gone. I understand what some are saying about seeing everyone leave year after year. It does get frustrating sometimes, but I remember the Tubby and BCG days when we had 4 year players and were home watching the Final Four, instead of playing in it, so I'm not complaining....lol! There will be one or two from each class that comes back, including next year's class, and I think and Wiltjer will probably be a four year player. I don't like the one and done rule, but Cal is a master at dealing with it.

Stoops is a great hire for UK football. Its future is the brightest its been in a long time. I know I'm excited about it. He is going after some of the better recruits, which you ultimately have to have to compete in the SEC. Hopefully the university will get the backing it needs to give the football facilities and stadium the upgrades they need.

9. I had high hopes for getting Wiggins, but I have a source close to him and it looks like UNC will be very happy. Wiltjer and Harrow stay. I still think we get 1. Randel or Gordon. WCS has seen his stock go up. He may just play himself into a first round pick.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  10. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Personally I don't think Willie Cauley-Stein should go this year. This year will be full of GOOD big men while next year will have less. I've read one article where he could jump from a 14 and lower pick this year to top 5 easy next year. Depends on how he progresses, but Cal will steer him explain his opps to him and let him and his family decide. The reporter also said this will be a guard/forward's dream year to go higher than normal due to the flux of big men and lack of great "little guys".

11. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    It's starting to sound a lot like your source isn't that close to him.

12. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.

You forgot one: If Louisville doesn't win the NCAA, its George Bush's fault.

13. WhitetailWarrior53081

WhitetailWarrior53081 8 pointer

Aug 3, 2009
    I'm not doubting you, and I sure don't have any sources, but I would be shocked if Wiggins goes to UNC. I see nothing that would bring him there. I mean he could go to UNC and have the career of Harrison Barnes or he can go to UK and be the next Anthony Davis. Doesn't seem to be much of a choice to me. The only thing that worries me about Wiggins is his parents connection to FSU pulling him there. But if he wants to enhance his "brand" he better come to UK. Wherever he ends up, he is an absolute stud! He is the real deal and he would take next years team to the next level. I am hoping like crazy he picks UK!!

14. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    Here's not going to UNC. The latest recruiting guru's think he's FSU bound and that UK is his only other option, and a distant one at that. I personally don't see why going to the school your parents did is such a driving force. That is all FSU offers over UK. I was hoping he would come to UK, but it doesn't sound as likely as I thought. I figure Gordon will stay out West, probably Arizona. I figure Randall may end up at Florida.

I really wish we could get ONE of those guys, but I'm not real optimistic. I know Cal is working his butt off though.