UK defense against Carolina

stevenvalleyagain

10 pointer
Aug 15, 2005
Valley station
Who'd have thunk UKs defense would play with such intensity tonight?
Was it the awful carolina offense, Lee Corso's comments that UK might have the worst defense in the country, Wesley Woodyards pregame peptalk, or the rumors around campus today about Stoops? Something lit a fire under their rear ends and they played lights out all but one drive of the game. Bowls hopes still alive now let go make it competitive at Tuscaloosa.

timer

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2013
La Grange
SC was pretty bad. And Muschamp is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Our defense played better, but they still have a long, long way to go.

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
At this point I'll just think USC sucks as bad as we do ... and it made us look better. Which USC was one of the games most had us winning when the schedule came out.

Bowl hopes are just that ... hope. I believe loosing that first game of the season will be a significant factor. There's no breathing room on games we should win. A loss to Vandy or Missouri would pretty much stop it in its tracks.

We got to win on the road. which next weekend will be the sign of any real improvement. Which I don't expect a win... but let's see if we can stop the bleeding. If we can... there's hope.

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
The biggest improvement was in their effort. They could be morally defeated early on, on Saturday though.

Agree.

Told my wife... they would be better off staying on the bus next Saturday.

Which most have talked lately about the UofL matchup being a beat down. The Tide will show no mercy either. Best case Saban puts 2nd & 3rd string in real early.

Going to be a rough one to watch.

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
Agree.

Told my wife... they would be better off staying on the bus next Saturday.

Which most have talked lately about the UofL matchup being a beat down. The Tide will show no mercy either. Best case Saban puts 2nd & 3rd string in real early.

Going to be a rough one to watch.

I agree but I look at it also that we get to watch a team that is going to be playing for the national championship.

east_ky_hunter

8 pointer
Aug 29, 2010
East Ky
Even Stoops looked more fired up during the game. I think he should strictly focus on defense the rest of the season. I trust Gran with the offense.

It was SC but a win is a win.

Alabama will name their score next week. Just hope we stay healthy.

outdoor-addict

6 pointer
Jul 12, 2010
The defense played much better and with much more intensity , although SC has a terrible offense and team overall. They beat a team that they were supposed to beat. Stoops is going to have to continue to win games that he should and one or two that he isn't supposed to win to save his job.

Latest posts