UK athletes falsifying work hours

RLWEBB

12 pointer
Nov 30, 2005
Staffordsville, KY
Everyone see this? If they were actually falsifying time sheets or time worked, that’s a huge deal. Sounds like something we as UK fans would accuse NC of doing! Just my opinion but if they actually did this, they should be gone along with the coaching staff who knew about it. What would happen if you did similar at your job?

Last edited:

Ataulbe1

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2017
Estill County
They were getting paid for not working at all. Person putting their hours in was fired but they were still taking the money knowing they didn't work. Word is Stoops was PISSED when he found out.

Everyone involved must have been complete idiots to think they wouldn't get caught. And at a time it's legal to make money as a student athlete... Dumbasses.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
It happened. I was at a cookout for the Florida game when I first heard. Rodriguez was the ring leader. Remember, I live in Lex. Rumors around is that joker is dirty. Hands in a lot of sh!t. That’s too bad because I really liked him. As good as he is just better hope he don’t bring a lot down now that UK has it going the right way.

Buzzy

10 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
Everyone see this? If they were actually falsifying time sheets or time worked, that’s a huge deal. Sounds like something we as UK fans would accuse NC of doing! Just my opinion but if they actually did this, they should be gone along with the coaching staff who knew about it. What would happen if you did similar at your job?

Who cares. Being a college kid is tough, if you're bringing in more money to the college in a long time you should get something.......

Its not like this is unique to UK.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Who cares. Being a college kid is tough, if you're bringing in more money to the college in a long time you should get something.......

They do get paid now. And some get paid well.

Buzzy

10 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
They do get paid now. And some get paid well.
So who cares if the remnants of the old days are lingering for a bit. Ya it aint right but it aint uncommon. Bama makes UK look like a mom and pop shop.

Enjoy the winning while it lasts.

RLWEBB

12 pointer
Nov 30, 2005
Staffordsville, KY

Well I care. Call me old fashioned, but I believe falsifying the time you worked and getting paid for it is wrong. Might go so far as to say it’s theft. You alright with falsifying classes and grades as well? If ones ok then why not the other?

Buzzy

10 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
Well I care. Call me old fashioned, but I believe falsifying the time you worked and getting paid for it is wrong. Might go so far as to say it’s theft. You alright with falsifying classes and grades as well? If ones ok then why not the other?
At this point I'm ok with both. If someone takes shortcuts it always leads to longer paths, if you know what I'm sayin. I will call you old fashioned. Life has a way of sorting things out.

Dark Cloud

12 pointer
Aug 14, 2009
Lawrence Co.
I have to agree ,stealing is stealing ,I don’t care how or who ,it’s stealing,and they should be punished .

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
This reminds me of the old days when a certain well off fella in my old home town would "hire" UK players to work for him in the summer.... They'd spend the entire summer driving around in sports cars he provided and partying every single night. More than a few left expectant young ladies up there in the hills when they returned to UK. When asked about what he was doing, their "boss" would just laugh and say "you've gotta keep our boys in blue happy".... (This would have been 40-50 years ago but I'm sure similar crap still happens.)

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
While I agree, if I clocked into work and my boss said go on home and stays clocked in. Come back at the end of the day and clock out. I sure as hell ain’t saying no. And apparently that’s what happened. This has went on for years and a new individual took over the timesheets and yellow bellied the whole thing.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Guys do you know how much some of these college athletes are making with these NIL deals? Sure they’ll tell the stories of the players like Bama’s QB who’s making a million but some of these college players that you don’t even hear that much about are making 6 figs. Full rides and more money than most people ever make. The days of “these poor college athletes making all that money for the university and getting nothing” are over…at least right now.

Latest posts