uberti cattleman millenium reviews

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by styxvalleydan, Feb 5, 2009.

1. styxvalleydan

styxvalleydan Spike

Jun 15, 2008
    so i did alot of homework looking for my cowboy action pistol and well.......this was my thought process. i wanted something with reliabilty and through many review readings i narrowed it down to uberti and ruger. so i went to a near by outfitter and began my browsing first rugers then to uberti and side to side for at least 20 min. i began thinking ruger makes beautiful guns with a strong rep behind them. but something crossed my mind. do i really want beauty. this would be a gun that i would want to take out whenever i went to the range and i wanted something that wouldnt bother me if it showed the normal wear and tear of frequent shooting and several draws from a holster.i asked to see a uberti cattleman in a .45 colt. i picked up and handled it in my hand like it was my own. i liked the gun, liked the simplicity, and liked the price. the only thing that bothered me was the size it seemed a little to big and heavy for what i had in mind. then i noticed in the back of the case the same model in a .357 once i handled it it felt great! it fit in my hand like it was custom made. just wondering what everyone else thought of it. dont be nice id like to know the pros and cons thanks for your time

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear 6 pointer

Nov 21, 2007
    Marion Co
    Uberti imports good guns BUT if you want the ultimate in strength/durability, stick with Ruger. I've seen cowboy action shooting Rugers with upwards of 100,000 rounds STILL going. In fact, the ONLY repairs I've made on such guns are simple retiming & cyl locking.

3. gatorgrowl

gatorgrowl Spike

Nov 6, 2008
    Orlando Fl
    Styx...
    Stalkingbear speaks the truth...Like I said in your other post. if you want durability....get a Ruger. More Cowboy Action Shooters shoot Rugers than any other gun. They are smoother out of the box and more dependable. I have a half dozen Ubertis ( I started CAS with Ubertis) and 4 Ruger 3 screw Blackhawks......There is no comparison in quality. The Blackhawks are pretty collectible now...most guys are using Ruger Vaqueros, or the new model Vaquero.
    Gatorgrowl