Two of my rivals....

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by YoteFinder, Aug 14, 2019.

1. YoteFinder

YoteFinder Fawn

May 30, 2019
    Hidden Holler
    20190814_215750-1.jpg Looks like the female i got a few weeks ago maybe. Gonna have thin some coons out too. They about 8 right tearing my feeder up. By rifle season i have see as many as 20 in one night feeding!

JR in KY and Amanda_M like this.
  2. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I would like to know what the Coon Population in Kentucky is. Must be in the millions.
    A siren went down the Big Road two miles away yesterday and some young Coyotes fired up answering it.

Dark Cloud and barney like this.
  3. YoteFinder

YoteFinder Fawn

May 30, 2019
    Hidden Holler
    Me too! There is no shortage of them thats for sure. Need to put out some traps this year i think. Used to use the old siren trick as a locator

4. hoene

hoene 6 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    The state should open the season for Coons year round.

hunt, carnivore and YoteFinder like this.
  5. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Since the fur price on a coon is so low, nobody don’t fool with em, use to , you could skin it and get a decent price green.As thick as they are ,you would think disease like rabies, would be bad.

6. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Lots of scorn ex coon hunters are laughing at the deer hunters who are likely starting to miss them.
    I know a guy who’s killed 40 in the last couple months near his chicken coop. Its near a big woodlot and a creek im sure they use as a travel route but that’s incredible to me.

7. YoteFinder

YoteFinder Fawn

May 30, 2019
    Hidden Holler
    Your right about the fur prices being down. It looks promising for coyotes and cat furs though!