Turn him in or not

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bgbull14, Nov 13, 2014.

1. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Yep its out of his hands now![emoji87]

2. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    What he said.

3. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    The very house Im setting in right now was burned(or rather they attempted to burn it) just because of a situation like this.The burn didn't take well and only burned a hole through the floor.That happened to my FIL who owned it before me.Some people are crazy and foolish..While they know better than to try something eye to eye that dosnt stop them from killing dogs or trying to burn you out..Its not that hard sometimes to find out who turned you in.2+2 will usually get you there. Im all for turning in every poacher and having them strung up by the shorthairs but I can see when at times it may not be worth it..Like I said..I saw it first hand..Not the first time either..

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  4. BTOWNER

BTOWNER 8 pointer

Dec 5, 2010
    Good advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
    The guy woulda dropped a third buck if it had come by...and a fourth and a fifth...and...

If he knew the OP was there and could see him, it was pretty much like a big FU to the OP. The shooter was pretty much saying "you don't get to shoot these deer, I do!" I woulda confronted him on the spot unless he got gun happy about it. Either way I woulda been calling 180025ALERT.

6. Dubya Gee

Dubya Gee 8 pointer

Apr 10, 2012
    Snow, KY
    Ok. I'm thick skinned so I can play Devil's advocate here.

For arguments' sake, lets say the OP saw the guy stealing stands, or cameras. How should he handle it? Same guy, crazy or not, so does he turn a blind eye to that too? I'm just curious where the line is between doing the right thing or looking away because of something a fool might or might not try.

7. Chaneydmd

Chaneydmd 6 pointer

Sep 2, 2013
    How do you know that neither deer was checked in? How do you know that there wasn't two people hunting in the same stand?

8. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I don't know, that's up to the individual to decide..Their situation. Personally I probably would because my circumstances with my property and this hollars residents reputation I don't really have to worry about pay back from idiots now..My familys parents live close by and her uncle and papaw..All are retired..their is never a time when someone isn't home..One way in and one way out..
    Another person may have a lot of family,animals,property etc to take into account..Ya ' just don't know until it happens.

9. LawDogg710

LawDogg710 Fawn

Sep 12, 2012
    Logan County
    All I can say is right is right and wrong is wrong!!!!!!!!! And would also like to say word travels fast when people go bragging to who they think is a "friend" and then that friend tells another and so on so forth!!!

10. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

Would be no questions for the guy next door since he would have heard me yell "What the **** are you thinking!?!?"

That be afraid to drop a dime line of thinking as a society scares the hell out of me more than some lunatic maybe burning my house down over a freaking deer.

11. Dubya Gee

Dubya Gee 8 pointer

Apr 10, 2012
    Snow, KY
    Word......

12. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    gotta love fat tony's unbridled honesty. got to.

13. crestliner200

crestliner200 6 pointer

Sep 5, 2008
    A Hunter Hunter.
    So when does society say enough is enough? You don't turn in the guy and now he says well I can do what ever I want because the guy who saw me never did anything. Next year he comes back and kills 3 Bucks or he kills your Target Buck. Do you do nothing again or what?

14. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Not doing the right thing out of fear is the reason our society is in the sorry state it is. Not turning him in makes you just as bad as him IMO.

Every one must make their own decision, but no POS is going to scare me out of doing what I think is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    Excellent point and very true.