Turn him in or not

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bgbull14, Nov 13, 2014.

1. brown0024

brown0024 Fawn

Oct 23, 2014
    Turn him in. Can't believe a real hunter has to second guess this. Don't fuss about not seeing deer if you aren't going to turn him in

2. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Well. Let's hear what you have done. Made the call? Let him go ? Which is it?

3. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    Are going to wear the pants on this deal or the pantys..which is it..

4. Sonofabuck

Sonofabuck Fawn

Nov 15, 2012
    Chattavegas, tn
    If you don't turn him in, you sir are part of the problem.

5. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    The more I think about this, the more I wonder why it is even a question.

6. luv4outdoors

luv4outdoors Fawn

Oct 5, 2009
    Boone County, KY
    Tough decision either way. I'd call him in if there wasn't a way for him to know it was you. Best of luck though!

7. cfree5119

cfree5119 Fawn

Nov 9, 2013
    This has a name... Poaching

8. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    If I could make the call with no chance that the poacher would know it was me, then I'd turn him in.

But,

If I'm sitting in my stand looking at him, then there's a chance he's sitting in his stand looking at me, and he may be quite certain that I was the only person with the opportunity to see his poaching take place. After Mr. GreenJeans pays him a visit and asks some very hard questions but finds nothing, then I've just earned a lifelong enemy that lives just up the road, and it may be the kind of enemy that can make my dog turn up dead or my house burn to the ground while I'm at work.

You can have hair on your balls and still not want to take a chance on losing everything over some deer.

9. bucksnducks

bucksnducks Spike

Mar 26, 2007
    berea
    You should probly just gohead and call 1 its the right thing to do 2 after posting it on this website its going to be hard to hide a game wardens truck in your drive way thats looking for more info if he hasnt already beem there

10. Shedhunter4011

Shedhunter4011 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2009
    Up a Tree
    I have ran into a few issues similar to this. Early this season a Co-worker came into the office showing pictures on his phone around the office of a Buck he shot with his bow, then after opening day of gun he shows up with a Buck in the back of his truck bragging before he meets up with a guy who is going to take it to get processed. I pull him aside and confront him and ask how he was able to shoot 2 Bucks, he states with a BIG smile that the 1st one he gave to his buddy, and he claimed it. I try to explain to him that is illegal and I get the look like, Oh shit. I knew he was going to do the same thing with this buck, so I tell him that I had better see his name on the telecheck, or else. I have seen this done with others also, the husband, son hunt wife, mom doesn't. they shoot a buck, have wife/mom claim, then head straight back out to the woods, and shoot another. the hard part is, if someone else does claim it then there is a high probability that nothing will ever get done due to its your word against theirs. In my eyes these are not the kind of hunters I would or will associate myself with.

11. digger658

digger658 6 pointer

Sep 10, 2008
    South of Salt River
    He will do it again next year.

12. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    This is the best advice in this thread and you'll do well to follow it.

13. buzzbaiter83

buzzbaiter83 10 pointer

This!!!!

Sent from the holler

14. Oh I like this........The man has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

15. mudd

mudd 6 pointer

Sep 1, 2006
    Pendleton County
    Yeah exactly....over some deer. A deer is not worth losing anything over. They will make more for you to shoot!
    Truth be known it probably never happened anyway and the OG poster just wanted to get a bunch of guys panties in a wad...which he did!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014