Turn him in or not

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bgbull14, Nov 13, 2014.

1. PlymouthCounty

PlymouthCounty Spike

Nov 16, 2004
    Since everyone has had their say on this, I'd like to vote, too. I'm with Trust Me completely on this. Of course, when taking this stand on poaching perps, I'm not thinking of the kindly gentleman up the road who might be pizzed at me for the rest of his and my life, but rather the stumbling bumbling pillheads on the other side of the valley whom I would be reluctant to take my eyes off of if they were within fifty feet of me or any member of my family at any time.

Also, please note, I would see murder, molestation, armed robbery, etc. in a much different light even if the pillheads were involved. Just sayin'.

2. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    I have 6 posts in this thread. There are at least a dozen others with more than that. First one about popcorn so that doesn't amount to much.

Considering how much b!tching you do on here and others' remarks to you, I think it's safe to say people are tired of you and your crap. If you can't read or understand those posts directed right at you, I would assume you are the type that needs to be smacked over the head to understand it. Pretty sure the majority on here don't care for you at all and yes, it is that obvious.

3. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    Sorry but you hardly count for the majority.....I have apologized for my initial remarks on here (which I didn't have to do) when I first joined.......but when i see you and others make such stupid remarks like you have on this thread i have to put you in your place......otherwise you will just keep on making yourself look more stupid with each post!!! You should be thanking me!!!!! Have a good night!! I am done with you!!!

4. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Uhhhhh yeah....you put me in my place all right. You apologized for your initial remarks. Well, let me tell ya something junior, the apology didn't matter as quite a few still think you're a little punk who lives in his momma's basement and likes to talk big to make himself feel bigger than he is.

Wait a sec...you do live with your momma still.... Nothing further needs to be said.

5. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    Eww you got me good Granpa!!

6. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Thought you were done?

7. Matt Orr

Matt Orr 6 pointer

Aug 23, 2006
    London, Ky
    A few years back, I had a guy shoot a nice buck literally out from under me from the adjoining property. It was a buck that I had been after for a couple yrs. I actually had a shot on the buck the day before as it trailed a doe on the property that the guy shot from but didn't shoot because it was on the wrong side of the fence. I moved my stand about 300 yds that day I saw it on the adjoining property, based on where I saw it move onto my property at. Sure enough, that next morning he crossed over the ridge and dropped down onto the bench that I had moved my climber onto and began walking right to me. I had my scope on it the whole time as it moved towards me but I wasn't in any hurry to shoot since it was coming in on a line to my stand. When it was about 50 yds out, the deer dropped out of my scope at the crack of a rifle shot. I literally almost fell out of my climber. I never even knew the guy was over there. I had heard an ATV come up the mountain about an hour after I got in the stand but didn't think it was very close. He never knew I was there either, there was a huge oak between us that shielded us from seeing each other.

The guy actually made it down to the deer before I did and grabbed the deer and tried to make it back across the property line before I could make it over to him. Luckily, I cut him off about 40 yds before he got across the fence. After a pretty intense stand off and a lot of choice words the guys finally figured out he wasn't going anywhere with the deer. The game warden showed, confiscated the deer and his gun and wrote him up. Not sure what all ended up happening to him but the next yr 2 days before rifle season opened, somebody set fire to that end of the farm in six different spots. Screwed up the hunting in that area for sure but the farm actually needed it anyway, better hunting now. Just lucky there were no buildings in that area. Coincidence?? I've got a hundred dollar bill on who set it...

8. Xd40guy

Xd40guy Fawn

Oct 31, 2014
    Sadly this is sound advise. I know right is right and wrong is wrong, but, that does not put the pieces back together. For trying to do the right thing my wife and I were harassed for years and one night while we were 3 hrs north of our home at a camp ground our house caught fire and burned completely to the ground along with our shed. Don't think I need to tell what the investigators determined as a cause.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014