Turkeys everywhere

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Mainbeam, Apr 21, 2018.

1. turkeyhunter91

turkeyhunter91 10 pointer

Apr 3, 2007
  2. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 12 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
  3. hitch

hitch 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2008
    We are all happy you’re having a great season and have unlimited birds.

However for a ton of hunters in this state the numbers are dismal at best. At first I thought your posts were trying to give people hope but now I along with about 30 others who’ve sent me private messages realize your just trying to run dirt in peoples faces who are really struggling to even find a track on property that used to be covered up. Luckily I still have some birds but nothing like it used to be, so my hunting is still good but I realize the dark days are coming more than likely.

It’s not just ky it’s all over the SE.

So I’m glad you’ve got hoards upon hoards, but there’s tons of hunters on here that are not so fortunate. These folks are frustrated and depressed as this season is all they wait for each year. I know this isn’t your favorite and more of a something to do season. Maybe that’s why you’re so dang cavalier in shoving these posts in everyone’s face multiple times each day

Maybe stop and understand how the constant boasting about your bird numbers looks to hunters in the opposite position

4. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Hang on boys, this is about to get good

bdbrown66 likes this.
  5. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    If this post is real, it is the most sissy thing I have ever read on here. There. How’s that Feedman?

Feedman likes this.
  6. hitch

hitch 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2008
    Haha, anything but sissy. The tone of his posts in every thread regarding folks worried about bird numbers are always the same. “Look at me haha, I’ve got turkeys running around like flies”

There’s thousands of hunters who can’t even find a bird to work yet everyday they get to read that from the op.

As I said I’ve got plenty to hunt and kill. It’s not as many as their used to be but still plenty. However, I know a bunch of people who have none and are frustrated beyond belief

7. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Hitch I’m plenty frustrated but I didn’t take any offense to his post at all. Happy for him. I’m happy for all the hunters that are killing birds. Jakes and bearded hens included

8. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    I’m not rubbing anything in any bodies face. And I damn sure haven’t private messaged you. This is a hunting forum where we hunters share our stories and experiences. Iv hunted 3 different counties and heard birds every single time Iv been out. I’m not doubting that people aren’t seeing the birds that they have in the past. Iv also stated that Adair seems to have a lot of birds so maybe someone on here would like to use that information to come to some of our public ground to try and fill there tags. And I’m also not sure how you know what my favorite season is??? And my pic of that dust bowl was the biggest Iv ever walked up on and I thought it was worthy of sharing. Your outta line and quite frankly can kiss my ass!!! I’m not a very good turkey hunter never claimed to be but I have a lot of fun. If I was some kind of turkey whisperer I would have had one of the several birds I saw this morning in the freezer and would have had breakfast by now. But I’m still out here grinding like everyone else trying to fill a tag. I hate it that some folks aren’t seeing a lot of birds but I’m not gonna feel bad about posting about the action I’m getting either. It wasn’t meant to be rubbed as you called it in anyone’s face.

9. hitch

hitch 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2008
    The exact title of this thread is turkeys everywhere and you chose that title and slid in it with numerous threads talking about low bird numbers.

Either you’re naive or disingenuous, the tone of most of your posts in threads where others are discussing numbers definitely lead more to being disingenuous now.

10. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    When you here 10-15 birds ringing off on a 300 acre parcel what would you call it? Myself would call it “turkeys everywhere”
    I think I remember you from days gone by slandering folks for using decoys and yada yada yada. So are you naive or disengenious. I would love to stay and chat with your retarded ass but I hear a bird gobbling:)

11. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Congrats on a good tom....and a great season.

No butt hurt here.... smoke’em if you gott’em.

BEAGLER89 likes this.
  12. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    That’s what I say!

13. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I'm with you MB, birds all over the place, even public land! But ya gotta scout em out. I think the trapping really helps with the predation. But this issue of population numbers isn't just in the SE, it's all over the territory of the Eastern Wild Turkey. But folks don't be hating. We need to support each other.

IMG_5313.jpg IMG_5343.jpg IMG_5313.jpg IMG_5343.jpg

bondhu and Mainbeam like this.
  14. trapper perry

trapper perry 12 pointer

May 10, 2009
  15. RackedUP

RackedUP 8 pointer

Oct 30, 2013
    The farm I hunt has about 300 acres of CRP on it also. The hens love to nest in it but I find that the birds don't like to travel through it much. I'm thinking it's because its a prime ambush spot. Congrats on the kill and nice bird. I'm also a low talent decoy using turkey hunter who tagged out yesterday.