Turkeys behind schedule

trust me

Troubled Loner
Nov 27, 2004
Jerkwater, KY
I noticed you didn't post my numerous crow eating posts on this topic. Sad how you only chose certain things to fit your childish agenda.

I can't say I've performed an exhaustive search, but I have loosely followed the turkey forum for lo these many years and I don't recall I've ever seen any examples of crow-eating that you've posted.

I suppose you could go back and quote a few of them for us now, just to prove your point.

Tha' Hat

10 pointer
Oct 3, 2005
The Island
Hey Hitch, these two Tennessee birds gobbled about 50 times Monday morning before they ran in and got shot. Maybe you're just not doing something right.

just me

12 pointer
Sep 26, 2013
Hey Hitch, these two Tennessee birds gobbled about 50 times Monday morning before they ran in and got shot. Maybe you're just not doing something right.

Well heck...that's where they all went. Even the turkeys flew south for the winter!:D

Nice pic!

hitch

10 pointer
Jan 16, 2008

congrats on the birds, I guess you think you're the only one who's killed a bird in TN. Some of us have killed in multiple states already we just don't feel the need to boast with pictures on the Internet. Guess after a couple hundred dead ones the need to "show off" has passed by maturing a little.

I hunted across the road from the ky state line this morning and heard 1 bird gobble a handful of times on the tn side, nothing on the ky side where they're plenty of birds as well.

hitch

10 pointer
Jan 16, 2008
I can't say I've performed an exhaustive search, but I have loosely followed the turkey forum for lo these many years and I don't recall I've ever seen any examples of crow-eating that you've posted.

I suppose you could go back and quote a few of them for us now, just to prove your point.
From a few weeks ago...anything else you wish to say?

Until 2 years ago I didn't believe weather played much of a role in this stuff. However, after that year I changed my view a little. I think an abnormally warm winter can speed up the process, but photoperiod is the primary driver of process

Last edited:

Tha' Hat

10 pointer
Oct 3, 2005
The Island
congrats on the birds, I guess you think you're the only one who's killed a bird in TN. Some of us have killed in multiple states already we just don't feel the need to boast with pictures on the Internet. Guess after a couple hundred dead ones the need to "show off" has passed by maturing a little.

I hunted across the road from the ky state line this morning and heard 1 bird gobble a handful of times on the tn side, nothing on the ky side where they're plenty of birds as well.

Nah, actually know several guys who've been wearing them out in TN. Like I said, maybe it's just you. Hang in there, though. I'll bet if anyone can kill one, it's you.

Tha' Hat

10 pointer
Oct 3, 2005
The Island
What region of TN? I noticed the foliage was very different just a few miles south of me in the Powell valley and Knoxville area.

Henry County, TN, which is Region 1 / Northwest TN, just a few miles from the KY line. Woods are barren, although the fields and creek bottoms are starting to green up a bit. Bradford pears are about 3/4 bloom here right now.

Gen.Stonewall

6 pointer
May 1, 2009
Bell Co.
Henry County, TN, which is Region 1 / Northwest TN, just a few miles from the KY line. Woods are barren, although the fields and creek bottoms are starting to green up a bit. Bradford pears are about 3/4 bloom here right now.

Buds on pears just now showing here. We are a little different climate than you are. Fully bloomed in K'ville.

hitch

10 pointer
Jan 16, 2008
Nah, actually know several guys who've been wearing them out in TN. Like I said, maybe it's just you. Hang in there, though. I'll bet if anyone can kill one, it's you.

Geez, the slowness of some...

To make it easier on you, I've killed several birds already in TN. Understand now?

just me

12 pointer
Sep 26, 2013

Lol! I would think Tha Hat would know.....just say'n

deadaim

12 pointer
Dec 12, 2001
Booger Hollar
I was working on my boat out back last night and right at dark the whole hillside sounded like ten gobblers were sounding off. It lasted till well after dark. I think they like the Led Zeppelin I was playing on the radio lol