Turkey's and cold front

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Brit's and Birds, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Brit's and Birds

Brit's and Birds 10 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Oldham County
    I'm still fairly new to turkey hunting and was planning on going tomorrow. What will this cold snap do to them tomorrow if anything? Will they still respond or will they tend to hunker down and not move as much until the cold passes? Any input is appreciated.

2. hitch

hitch 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2008
    Who knows, and there's no rules with turkeys. I've seen them gobble like crazy after a front and have seen them vanish as well.

Bottom line if you have time to go, then go.

There's no way to predict the unpredictable

3. KYH5N1

KYH5N1 10 pointer

Hitch is right, the turkeys won't sleep in. They will be out there somewhere and if possible, so should you.

4. easternkyhunter

easternkyhunter 6 pointer

Nov 5, 2009
    breathitt county
    I was wondering the same thing. I can get only 1 morning to hunt this week and I've decided to wait till Wednesday. (Hopefully after the front moves through the turkeys will be out with a vengeance).

5. Gobbler Getter

Gobbler Getter 6 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    I have killed my best Turkeys when it was below freezing so I went Tuesday and did not hear a Gobble. Turkey hunting will keep you scratching your head trying to figure them out. It was some of the best weather for the opener I have seen, still only gobbling on the roost then fly down and shut up. It has to get better, fingers crossed...