1. DoeMaster

DoeMaster 12 pointer

Feb 7, 2004
    Lexington, Ky, USA.
    Well I was going to try cooking a Turkey breast in a croc-pot. I bought a 7.25 pound breast, got it home and guess what? It doesn't fit in the croc-pot. Has anyone tried cooking a turkey breast this way? It seems pretty simple as long as you have a big enough pot. Im either going to cut the breast in half or get a bigger pot.

2. kyslim

kyslim 6 pointer

Jan 25, 2009
    plano,KY
    Yeah we cook turkey and chicken breast in the crocpot and its awesome. It gets real tender and holds lots of flavor I think all we add to it is ranch dressing, bacon, and shredded cheese and I think a can of sliced mushrooms but I am not sure I will have to ask the lady when she gets home.

3. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    Just did one for the first time the other night. It didn't fit at first, but once it started cooking, the lid came down as the turkey cooked. I sealed the lid with foil until then. I rubbed the turkey down with french onion soup mix and laid the breast on it's side and cooked it overnight on low. Was some of the best turkey I ever ate.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  4. kyslim

kyslim 6 pointer

Jan 25, 2009
    plano,KY
    I just got the recipe we use it is 1/4 cup terriyaki sauce mixed with 1/2 cup of ranch salad dressing (liquid) mixed in bowl and pour over turkey then add 8 slices cooked bacon crumbled up and cook on low for about 8 hours add mushrooms and shredded cheese about an hour before serving then hold your tounge so it dont slap your eyeballs out. :D She just told me that she puts the turkey in the crockpot frozen so if you are using fresh breast then the cooking time would be less I thought would edit and add that cause I wouldnt want anyone to ruin a good breast by overcooking it.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  5. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    Does she add the cheese and shrooms to the crockpot while the breast is still on the bone or does she pull the meat off and put it back in before adding them?

6. kyslim

kyslim 6 pointer

Jan 25, 2009
    plano,KY
    Most of the time we use boneless breast but I would remove bones before I added any of the toppings and I usually save some of the bacon and cheese till it gets put on the plate it just looks better like that.