Turkey predators and snow...........

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by 12 pointer, Feb 18, 2015.

1. With all the snow and the difficulty to get around, suppose the turkey are being hit hard???

2. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I think everything, in the wildlife ream, will be affected by this winter weather event.:(

3. patiodadio

patiodadio 8 pointer

Mar 22, 2014
    Gonna be really tuff on all the critters.....

4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I saw 6 deer in a CRP field browsing at noon today. Must be tough on them. Tonight will take a toll.

5. I'd say they (the deer) are wearing out the cedar. I know the cardinals and the jays are wearing out my dogs food! :) I put cracked corn in the garage for a rooster I have that just wanders and the birds are cleaning house. I expect the cats to catch on quick... :)

6. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    Now would be the time to put out some feed for the critters. Because like said this is surely going to take a toll on them.

7. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I've been feeding the birds since Monday. Haven't seen one Squirrel since last weekend, but saw three Deer while driving to town. I am certainly glad we had a heavy crop of acorns and other Mast for the "critters" to eat during this terrible Winter weather.

8. K9trapper

K9trapper 12 pointer

Dec 7, 2006
    It won't hurt any of the game species. It's a lot colder and much more snow north of KY and we have plenty of deer and turkeys.

Turkeys are fine, they fly. If you want to help them, kill every coon, opossum and skunk you see. Nest predators are worse on birds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. whitleycotrapper

whitleycotrapper 12 pointer

May 20, 2005
    Williamsburg, KY
    I bet there will be a lot of short bearded gobblers this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk