Turkey Calls

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by predator1, Feb 14, 2021.

1. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    If anyone’s mind has already drifted towards turkeys. I recommend you guys and gals check out these calls made in Tennessee. Great calls with prices that are hard to beat.
    https://3rdregiment.com/shop

2. hoene

hoene 10 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    Great prices.

predator1 likes this.
  3. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Mind has definetly drifted lol. Those calls look good and are definetly priced great. May order a pack of mouth calls. Thanks for the heads up.
    Have made up my mind..im going to try and buy only USA made calls from here on out.

predator1 likes this.
  4. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    I have a double side pot call and just ordered some mouth calls. Their signature series are my favorites. Especially Chris Hunt’s Ole Smokey and Justin Miller’s Ghost

5. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Most diaphragm calls ,are made the same way,you have very few suppliers ,and most use the same press to make the calls.Tension and cuts are about the only difference in calls, and not a lot of room for tension difference, a lot of the high over priced calls ,are paying for the marketing.These calls seem to be decently priced ,if I was looking I’d try them, we got some good call makers ,scattered across the country, several in Ky. Practice is what makes a good turkey caller ,a gobbler in the right mood ,don’t take a lot of persuading .

Meatstick and predator1 like this.
  6. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    Good post. And I would add that calling is maybe 10-20% of killing a turkey. Location, setup and sitting still are most important I think.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  7. CKYoutdoors

CKYoutdoors 6 pointer

Nov 30, 2011
    If you guys are interested in locally made calls let me know and I can hook you all up!

8. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    What ya got? I need a couple simple double reeds and a ghost cut.

9. rcatron

rcatron 8 pointer

Apr 12, 2010
    winchester, ky
    What kind? I'm tempted to get a slate for my daughter to start teaching her

10. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    3rd Regiment has some good looking pot calls. I broke down and got one of the double sided ones with glass on top and slate on bottom. Gives me 2 calls in one! I’ve got a synthetic striker to use with the glass for rainy days. They even offer custom engraving for personalizing or can even put a picture in it for you. Now if that ain’t custom and a gift to remember, I don’t know what is!
    https://3rdregiment.com/shop/ols/products/glass-pot-call-w-pic
    BE331780-44B9-49CD-8BA9-601343E3A4C4.jpeg

Attached Files:

11. rcatron

rcatron 8 pointer

Apr 12, 2010
    winchester, ky
    That is perfect!

predator1 likes this.
  12. woodsman92

woodsman92 8 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    I’m not really in the market for a turkey call but have to say the picture in the slate is pretty dang cool. Wonder how it sounds and how well the pic holds up after some use.
    I got a old pic of me, my turkey hunting mentor and my uncle, all 3 of us together one morning after a hunt in our Camo. Uncle has passed on, and my mentor can’t get out to hunt anymore. Would be neat having a call like that.

predator1 likes this.
  13. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    The picture holds up fine. It’s under the glass. The clarity would all depend on where you roughed the call surface at.

14. CKYoutdoors

CKYoutdoors 6 pointer

Nov 30, 2011
    I can send you pictures, I have a ton of cuts for mouth calls. The quality of them is second to none if I do say so and I sell them cheaper than anyone. Just like getting pictures from people saying they called up birds with any of my calls!

15. CKYoutdoors

CKYoutdoors 6 pointer

Nov 30, 2011
    I cannot replicate anything that cool on the soundboard but I can get you a custom pot and striker for a good deal! I'm right beside you and can send you a few pictures of pots and strikers I have done!