Turkey breast in a crockpot.

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by rick243, Nov 24, 2009.

1. rick243

rick243 10 pointer

Oct 16, 2005
    SouthEast Ky
    Back in the spring I ran across a recipe on here for Turkey breast cooked in a crock-pot. I believe it included ranch dressing. I tried the recipe and it was some of the best Turkey we ever ate, but I didn't write it down, and just now I searched for it but can't find it. Does anybody know this or a similar recipe?

2. gatorgrowl

gatorgrowl Spike

Nov 6, 2008
    Orlando Fl
    Here's one I ran across....Haven't done this one..but have done other crocpot recipes with similar gravies...all pretty good:

Crockpot Turkey Breast Recipe
    1 Turkey Breast (5 lbs +)
    1 package onion soup mix
    2 cans (15 oz) chicken broth *
    3 celery stocks (roughly chopped)
    1 Stick Butter or 1/2 cup

Gravy
    1/4 cup flour
    1 cup milk
    4 tablespoons Butter
    1 small jar with lid
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    Whisk

1. Remove the turkey breast and remove anything inside. Some companies include gravy packages inside the bird so be on the look out for them.
    2. Place breast up in crockpot and rub the turkey with butter. You can put it under the skin. Any left over butter just drop it in.
    3. Put celery around the turkey.
    4. Pour onion soup mix (dry) on top.
    5. Pour broth on top of the turkey making sure that the dry stuff gets washed into the crockpot at the same time.
    6. Cover and cook for 8-10 hours. (temp should be 180 in the breast)
    7. When done remove turkey to casserole dish and let cool. Remove any bones, unwanted skin etc. Cut in slices the best you can. It will be very soft.
    8. Strain turkey broth that is in the crockpot to remove any bones. Be careful the broth is very hot.
    9. I make my gravy in the crockpot that way it can still be hot when people are ready to set down and it stays film free. You can make on the stove top if you'd like.
    10. Take flour and pepper, dump into jar. Add milk and shake!
    11. Whisk flour mix into turkey stock and let it cook until your ready to eat. Make sure that you whisk it every so often to keep it mixed.
    12. Serve with stuffing or rice, a nice salad & crusty bread if you're not serving at Thanksgiving.

* I use two broth cubes to 30 oz of water instead of broth. I also use nonfat dry milk that has already been mixed in place of the regular milk. My gravy still comes out creamy and thick.
    Show Reviews (0)

3. rick243

rick243 10 pointer

Oct 16, 2005
    SouthEast Ky
    Revision

I just found out the package I thought was a wild Turkey breast, is actually a package of quail breasts. I knew I should have marked that package. :eek: So anyone have any good recipes for quail breast?

4. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
  5. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Quail is close enough.

Chunk 'em all in there. :D

6. rick243

rick243 10 pointer