Trykon & Switchback owners

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by mudd, Dec 27, 2006.

1. mudd

mudd 6 pointer

Sep 1, 2006
    Pendleton County
    Looking at upgrading to one or the other.
    Can you guys give me some feedback?
    Price is not a concern, nor is customer service since both are good.

2. Tim Compton

Tim Compton 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2006
    mckee ky
    it boils down to which one feels better in your hands. shoot both of them and make up your mind. curtsingers in danville has both in stock so u can shoot them side by side and compare. i have a switchback xt that i hunted with this year and its a terrific hunting bow. short quiet smooth and its not slow either. maybe the smoothest bow going off i have ever shot. it also pulls very well. i havent shot the trykon any but i have shot hoyts top of the line stuff in the past and there is no doubt that their top line stuff is definatley as fine a product as anything. oh also curtsingers has the new hoyt stuff in stock too. there are other good shops out there in london corbin and frankfort to name a few. if you have any ?s feel free to pm me. oh and one more thing... make sure u get what ever bow u decide on to fit you... draw length is critical for accuracy and draw weight also that u can handle comfortable.

3. just_learning_in_Ky

just_learning_in_Ky Spike

Jun 18, 2006
    louisville,ky
    love my swithback smooth, quite no hand shock

4. Pinwheel8

Pinwheel8 8 pointer

Jun 28, 2006
    Corbin
    Shoot em both and then decide. But be sure and shoot the new 07 Vectrix, Drenlin, and Guardian as well.

5. hillbilly_gunner

hillbilly_gunner 6 pointer

Sep 4, 2005
    I love my swithchback also it is the smoothest bow I have ever shot

6. Deerhunter150

Deerhunter150 Spike

Nov 25, 2004
    Leitchfield, Ky
    Trykon you can't beat it. Try it you will see for yourself. Had Mathews will never switchback.

7. Mepperson

Mepperson 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2005
    Murray, KY
    I have heard that the older Trykon is hard to tune. Not heard anything about the new ones.

8. nutcase

nutcase 8 pointer

Sep 27, 2004
    Murray, Ky

The Vectrix is a tweeked trykon, hoyt took everything that customers told them about and made it better, also before you decide try the new vulcan shoots just like the vectrix

9. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    I would try the new line up of both hoyt and mathews before I purchased a trykon or switchback.

10. Jarheadhunter

Jarheadhunter Fawn

Jan 6, 2007
    Boyle County
    XT for me

I've only shot Mathews(FX, Drenalin,XT), so my opinion may not count. Anyway, I love the XT. The FX and Drenalin are my 2 friends bows. If you live anywhere near Danville come see Joe at Sunrise Outfitters and he will give you a price on an XT that is hard to pass up. For the price on the XT it's hard to pass up for the amount of quality you are getting.When everyone compares their bow to an XT that should tell us something.

Good luck and Semper FI!