Trying to intimidate Rep Massie

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HuntressOfLight, Mar 26, 2020.

1. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
  2. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
  3. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Citing Budget Deficit Concerns, Kentucky Republican Says He Could Delay House Vote on Coronavirus Bill
    By TOBIAS HOONHOUT
    March 26, 2020 11:17 AM

A Kentucky Congressman said he would vote against the Senate’s phase-three economic relief package that passed 96-0 on Wednesday night, citing concerns that the $2-trillion-dollar bill would worsen the already-growing national debt.

Representative Thomas Massie (R., Ky.) told 55 KRC radio Thursday morning that the bill, although it includesdirect payments of $1,200 for individuals and $2,400 for married couples, is less concerned with Americans.

“If it were just about helping people to get more unemployment (benefits) to get through this calamity . . . then I could be for it,” he explained. “But this is $2 trillion. Divide $2 trillion by 350 million people — it’s almost $6,000 for every man, woman and child. I’m talking about spending. This won’t go to the men, women and children. So if you have a family of five, this spending bill represents $30,000 of additional U.S. national debt because there is no plan to pay for it.”

Massie added that he could object to a potential voice vote in the House of Representatives, which could delay a prospective Friday morning vote by forcing members to return to Washington D.C.

“I’m having a really hard time with this. Because they’re saying, well it’s hard to travel, yadda yadda yadda,” he said. “Well, last night, 96 out of 100 Senators voted. All we would need is 218 out of 435 to vote.”

“I know there are people saying, ‘Oh you gotta vote for it. You can’t slow this down,'” he went further. “Meanwhile, they spent a week in the Senate arguing how much money should go to the Kennedy Center.”

The Congressional Budget Office’s annual report in January projected a 2020 deficit of $1.02 trillion and deficits that would exceed $1 trillion annually for at least the next decade, despite President Trump’s 2016 campaign promise to eliminate the U.S. deficit “over a period of eight years.”

Former acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said in February that the issue was “extraordinarily disturbing.”

“My party is very interested in deficits when there is a Democrat in the White House. The worst thing in the whole world is deficits when Barack Obama was the president. Then Donald Trump became president, and we’re a lot less interested as a party,” Mulvaney told the Oxford Union.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...errer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

4. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Hahahaha! You know that since Rep Massie has irked the irrelevant Munster out of hiding, Massie is making the right move!

John Kerry (@JohnKerry) Tweeted:
    Breaking news: Congressman Massie has tested positive for being an asshole. He must be quarantined to prevent the spread of his massive stupidity. He's given new meaning to the term #Masshole. (Finally, something the president and I can agree on!) https://t.co/N1CNLPsZjc https://twitter.com/JohnKerry/status/1243552337429438464?s=20

ptbrauch likes this.
  5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    I agree he will stand his ground but he will quite possibly end his political career..

Btw you need a hobby.. ;)

6. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    A lawyer is vibing for his spot and hopefully doesn't get it. I have plenty of hobbies, it's just that most are not conducive to the backwoods of Kentucky (did walk most of the property for the first time today, and it's really not warm enough for my blood, but yesterday was okay).

7. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Just got back from a patrol of the compound myself.

My neighbors " why does he always have a gun"

LoL

8. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

Massie = Rand Lite

Just another headline grabbing attention whore that does NOTHING to actually help his constituents.

9. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    I know rand is a libertarian and a pretty staunch one when it comes to most things.. Is Massie a libertarian as well ? I just don't know a lot about him.

I do know he is highly intelligent with multiple degrees and understands the issue we are facing, as well as the fact this bill is full of pork.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  10. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

Yes, Massie is a self proclaimed libertarian.

He may be intelligent with multiple degrees, but I disagree that he "understands the issue(s)". If he did, he wouldn't keep stepping on his johnson like he did here, by consistently taking the contrary position just to get more TV face time, like Rand. Massie and Rand both crave the publicity of playing the maverick, but when you get right down to it, what have either of them EVER done.

11. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Precisely!

Thomas Massie (@RepThomasMassie) Tweeted:
    Are they afraid of the truth? I’ve been told that they don’t even have 1 minute available for me to speak against this bill during the 4 hour debate. The fix is in. If this bill is so great for America, why not allow a vote on it? Why not have a real debate? #SWAMP https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1243581012254363650?s=20

They don't want to be exposed as deceptive swine.

12. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
  13. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I bet Massie gets reelected

HuntressOfLight and barney like this.
  14. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY

Wuss. ;)

HuntressOfLight likes this.
  15. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Particularly with water temperatures, too! I like my jacuzzi cranked to 104°F.

Marsh CallUser likes this.