Trumps Photo Op

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Duster, Aug 13, 2019.

1. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

More like under 65. The draft ended in 1973.

carnivore likes this.
  2. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    Fair enough answer. Thanks

Mayes

3. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I don't think you will ever find the perfect candidate. If his beliefs, values, an goals for the country are kinda in line with yours. Vote for them

barney and mmayes like this.
  4. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Trump is our best shot.

barney, EC and RLWEBB like this.
  5. supergoat80

supergoat80 10 pointer

Aug 31, 2012
    If I had an extra 20 grand I’d went down town tonight and got my thumbs up photo with the prez. Wife took her dad to the doctor today and got stopped in traffic but got some good shots of Air Force one.

barney likes this.
  6. supergoat80

supergoat80 10 pointer

Aug 31, 2012
  7. supergoat80

supergoat80 10 pointer

Aug 31, 2012
    Said the plane went up and turned around. MAGA!

Carl likes this.
  8. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    If any youins get a chance to speak to President Trump. Mention to him to get Prez embroidered on the back of his suit jackets. Like Mel Brooks in Blazing Saddles. Man, I would love to see the media and house react on that:p:p:p:p:p:D:D

barney likes this.
  9. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Did he actually 'dodge the draft' or get a draft deferment for being in college? Which probably more than 60% of them did back in those days. A practice which was completely condoned and approved of by the government. My image of the draft dodger were the hair heads burning their draft cards and running to Canada (which Jimmy Carter later pardoned).

The ones who really piss me off are the Richard Blumenthal types (DemonRat from NY) who claimed to be a Vietnam combat veteran when he was home collecting toys for the 'toys for tots' program.

Brody, Carl, barney and 1 other person like this.
  10. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Magic bone spurs is enough for me. They just don't go away overnight. Takes surgery to remove them. Lot of rich kids got college deferments and IMO they are no better. How many went on to join the military. They could have gone in after school into OCS even. That is after Basic training.
    I see a lot of guys play the patriot claim now but how many march their ass down to the induction center and signed up when the USA was attack on 9-11. Words don't mean squat actions do.
    I met one of those you speak of that ran to Canada. We rabbit hunted his place in east Tennessee. Story went he.... Got his letter from the president and hid it. Got his father-in-law to co sign on a new Road Runner and haul ass that afternoon north. Only met him that one time so no idea if he ever came back.
    Stolen Valor that is against the law now I have heard.
    What you think of Trump even as they say joking he should get awarded the Metal Of Honor in Louisville couple days ago. Talk about wanting to steal Valor from those who earned it. The man is sick to even go there. A slap in the face of everyone who was awarded it over the years.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  11. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

For some reason these do NOT match. On says they could have gone into OCS AFTER basic training, the other says you belong to them AFTER taking the oath.

Which was it????

12. Bubbles

Bubbles 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    [QUOTE="Duster, post: 2037870655, Words don't mean squat actions do .[/QUOTE]
    Kinda like saying all we get from you is the truth but you have been caught numerous times on lies, right?

13. kraynky

kraynky Fawn

Dec 28, 2014
    Elizabethtown, KY
    More like 60. I'll soon be 61 and the requirement to register ended just before I turned 18. I am thankful to all who have served and are still serving. Even if I don't agree with their political views.

One doesn't have to be a vet to have served their country either. Just take our President as an example. He has done many a great service to this country, as have those that voted him in.

Brody and barney like this.
  14. wv67

wv67 10 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    I’ve been to a few VA Hospitals with my Father in-law and my hunting buddy both disabled vets my grandfather was a war vet my dad and step dad and many uncles , all vets all seen action except my buddy he was in the cost guard he did drug enforcement and rescue my cousin went to Iraq another very good friend of mine went to Iraq I helped him get his first deer and turkey I met him through wounded warriors All say the same thing if you joined during war and didn’t see action , you didn’t fight for your country you helped the others fight the war that’s from several vets that I know and a lot that I just met at the VA hospitals , the ones that did the fighting are in their own little click they respect the others but refuse to say they did fight for their country I have no comment I did not join

15. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    I didn't know any rich kids who went to college and got out of the draft. They were as far away from being considered rich as you could get--unless you compared them to life in the Congo or some place.

Most of the NCOs I knew at the time hated "college boys". Even at the point of resenting them. So an option for OCS probably wasn't there. About two weeks before graduating from college I spoke to a recruiter (or tried to) about enlisting in the Army Guard and was interested in OCS (I wanted infantry or armor--something I thought they'd be interested in). The NCO pretty much gave me a "harrumph" and actually called me a "college boy" (LOL). I said, I just read in Newsweek (or maybe it was Time) and the main cover article read (something like) "Why GI Johnny Can't Read". In other words, no one was enlisting at the time and they were taking the illiterate to fill quotas. A continuation of "McNamara's Morons", I guess. So I was surprised they didn't even want to talk to me.

I did. Well, I didn't march, but I called on the phone. I was informed I was too old (about 40 at the time). I even wrote the President and asked him to change the age requirements and asked for a personal age exemption. I even offered to buy my own uniform, provide my own rifle, ammo, etc. Reminded him of the 75 year old guy that took up arms at Gettysburg, etc. Told them I'd go in as a private. Never heard back from him. Probably got classified in some "nut" FBI file or something.

In 1975, I turned 18 and not long after that, Chuck attacked South Vietnam. I went down to the recruiter and told them I would enlist if we'd go back there and fight them...I was told "don't bother".

Right before the Gulf War, I had a navy recruiter talking to me about OCS in the Navy Reserve. Some people were in the guard were claiming when they enlisted they didn't know (or have it disclosed they might have to go into combat). So I was even more incentivized to go in. I was just at the tail end of their age limit (the Army, I was aged out). So I talked to the Navy and told them I would do it if I was assigned to a surface combat role. After getting all the paperwork done (including recommendations from two retired Marine Corps colonels and one retired Navy Commander), when they accepted me they told me they wanted me to go into supply. I was pretty disappointed in that my entire working career was nothing but administrative paper pushing anyway and that's not what I wanted.

So I guess I just wasn't supposed to go into the military.