Truck keyless remote help.

Wildcat

12 pointer
Jan 7, 2002
Ledbetter, Ky.
I'm having some kind of problem with my Entry Remote Control Car Key Fob. About 3 years ago I ordered a replacement for the factory one that was damaged. It worked great without any problems at all for about 3 years then it would not work even with a new battery. I ordered the same thing in July and it worked fine. Around Christmas, it quit working, even after changing batteries it still would not work. So I ordered another one thinking I got a bad one. The new one worked fine for a total of one week. I tried to RE-SET it up with my truck but it would not, I ever got out my others I did not throw away and none of them would re-set. ALL of them were the very same brand and model.

I'm wondering if it's something on the truck end rather than the remote but have no idea what to look for.

The truck is my hunting truck, a 2009 Chev Silverado. The remote is KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Control Car Key Fob.

Can anybody help?

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I'm having some kind of problem with my Entry Remote Control Car Key Fob. About 3 years ago I ordered a replacement for the factory one that was damaged. It worked great without any problems at all for about 3 years then it would not work even with a new battery. I ordered the same thing in July and it worked fine. Around Christmas, it quit working, even after changing batteries it still would not work. So I ordered another one thinking I got a bad one. The new one worked fine for a total of one week. I tried to RE-SET it up with my truck but it would not, I ever got out my others I did not throw away and none of them would re-set. ALL of them were the very same brand and model.

I'm wondering if it's something on the truck end rather than the remote but have no idea what to look for.

The truck is my hunting truck, a 2009 Chev Silverado. The remote is KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Control Car Key Fob.

Can anybody help?

Do you have an ozone unit (even the car plug in ones will stop a key fob) or any auxiliary hook ups? Ive fought 3 Chevy trucks with the key fobs. 2 successfully but one had a wiring harness issue I never sorted.

baknblack

12 pointer
Jan 30, 2014
Henry County
Is this an aftermarket deal or factory? Find someone with a good scanner and see if the body control module is throwing any codes. Most times codes stored in the modules won't trip the check engine light.

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
A friend in Wayne county had something similiar happen to him with a Toyota.
He finally gave up and took it to the Toyota dealer. They found that the Fob was aftermarket and not a Genuine Toyota. Charged him a Hunert bucks and made him one. I think. I can't ask him he is in Lex hospital having surgery today.

Snareman2

12 pointer
Feb 25, 2007
One time my factory remote start stopped working on my Silverado. The next time I had an oil change, I took it in to the dealer. They reset a code and it started working again.

I would say, your truck may have tripped some code and the remote won’t work unless reset.

Wildcat

12 pointer
Jan 7, 2002
Ledbetter, Ky.
One time my factory remote start stopped working on my Silverado. The next time I had an oil change, I took it in to the dealer. They reset a code and it started working again.

I would say, your truck may have tripped some code and the remote won’t work unless reset.

That's what I've been thinking.

Latest posts