Trouble on the East Coast

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Multidigits, Jul 31, 2004.

1. harpp

harpp 6 pointer

Dec 1, 2002
    Rineyville, Ky, USA.
    12 out of 12 terrorist agree

anyone but BUSH

paul harp

2. lthomas

lthomas Fawn

Jul 29, 2004
    Behind you.
    By ZELL MILLER
    July 26, 2004

Twelve years ago, I delivered one of the keynote addresses on the first night at the Democratic National Convention in New York. It was a stinging rebuke of the administration of George H.W. Bush and a ringing endorsement of Bill Clinton. This summer I'll again be speaking in New York, but it will be to the Republican Convention that renominates George W. Bush.

Many have asked how I could have come so far in just over a decade. Frankly, I don't think I've changed much at all. At 72, I don't feel much need to change my opinions. Instead, the reason I'm not attending the Democratic Convention in Boston is that I barely recognize my party anymore. Most of its leaders -- including our nominee, John Kerry -- don't hold the same beliefs that have motivated my career in public service.

In 1992, I spoke of the opportunity and hope that allowed me, the son of a single mother growing up in the North Georgia Mountains, to become my state's governor. And I attributed much of my success to the great Democratic presidents of years gone by -- FDR (a hallowed man in my home), Truman and JFK. The link these men shared was a commitment to helping Americans born into any condition rise to achieve whatever goal they set for themselves.

I spoke of Americans who were "tired of paying more in taxes and getting less in services." I excoriated Republicans who "dealt in cynicism and skepticism." I accused them of "master[ing] the art of division and diversion." And I praised Bill Clinton as a moderate Democrat "who has the courage to tell some of those liberals who think welfare should continue forever, and some of those conservatives who think there should be no welfare at all, that they're both wrong."

Bill Clinton did deliver on welfare reform, after a lot of prodding from the Republicans who took hold of Congress in 1995. But much of the rest of the promise I saw in his candidacy withered during his two terms in office.

Today, it's the Democratic Party that has mastered the art of division and diversion. To run for president as a Democrat these days you have to go from interest group to interest group, cap in hand, asking for the support of liberal kingmakers. Mr. Kerry's no different. After Hollywood elites profaned the president, he didn't have the courage to put them in their place. Instead, he validated their remarks, claiming that they represent "the heart and soul of America."

No longer the Party of Hope, today's Democratic Party has become Mr. Kerry's many mansions of cynicism and skepticism. As our economy continues to get better and businesses add jobs, Mr. Kerry's going around America trying to convince people that the roof is about to cave in. He talks about "the misery index" and the Depression. What does he know about either?

And when it comes to taxes and services, you'd be pressed to find anyone more opposed to the interests of middle-class Americans than John Kerry. Except maybe John Edwards. Both voted against tax relief for married couples, tax relief for families with children, and tax relief for small businesses. Now Mr. Kerry wants to raise taxes on hundreds of thousands of small-business owners and millions of individuals. He claims to be for working people, but I don't understand how small businesses can create jobs if they've got to send more money to Washington instead of keeping it to hire workers.

Worst of all, Sens. Kerry and Edwards have not kept faith with the men and women who are fighting the war on terror -- most of whom come from small towns and middle-class families all over America. While Mr. Bush has stood by our troops every step of the way, Messrs. Kerry and Edwards voted to send our troops to war and then voted against the money to give them supplies and equipment -- not to mention better benefits for their families. And recently Mr. Kerry even said he's proud of that vote. Proud to abandon our troops when they're out in the field? I can hear Harry Truman cussing from his grave.

I still believe in hope and opportunity and, when it comes right down to it, Mr. Bush is the man who represents hope and opportunity. Hope for a safer world. And opportunity for Americans to work hard, keep more of the money they earn, and send their kids to good schools. All the speeches we hear this week won't be able to hide the truth of what today's Democratic Party has become: an enclave of elites paying lip service to middle-class values. Americans looking for a president who understands their struggles and their dreams should tune in next month, when we celebrate the leadership of George W. Bush.

Mr. Miller is a Democratic senator from Georgia.

I pleed the fifth.

3. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    And my dad can beat up you Dad

Now go find your favorite

<font size="6"><font color="red">BU</font id="red"><font color="blue">SH</font id="blue"></font id="size6">

and Hunt.

4. cornbread

cornbread 10 pointer

Apr 8, 2004
    Rockfield, KY
    I can not believe that anyone that loves to hunt or owns a gun could even consider voting for Kerry. If you love this country and the freedom that comes with it, VOTE BUSH!

5. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    Folks, u can debate this all you want, but it's the Media that needs 2b reigned in! It is they who sway the large segment of society that can't think for themselves. They projected to the public in Feb that there was a growing ground swell of support for John Kerry and WALA!.. the primaries were over. They now project that JK has a 7pt. lead in the polls, tho i can't find too many people for him. Too many uninformed people out there with no dog in the hunt regarding gun/hunting issues that will blindly go to the polls and vote JK simply because the Media has brainwashed the public into believing thier story-line. It's the Media that aid's and abet's the enemy of this country with incredible storys of various scenario's instead of reporting facts.

what u get out, is what u put in

6. Al

Al 12 pointer

Jan 14, 2004
    Incognito, ky, USA.
    Turk you are right about the media brainwashing the public. Our college professors are also perverting the minds of our youth. I think squirrelgravy is living proof of that.
    Thomas you are right on about the modern dem party. JFK would roll over in his grave if he saw it today. Theyve been hijacked by radical fringe groups and the one common bond they seem to have is hate.

7. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    It's known as "Freedom of the Press" and you can bet that's the ONE amendment the Dems WON'T touch! It is what keeps them "in the running" and as long as Dems are getting elected as President, (as in Bill Clinton's case) you'll soon see they type of judges they appoint to be certain that THAT freedom remains(while a total disregard of the rest of them IMHO)....Again, that is where the TRUE POWER of the President lies, (which is why they "use" the office to further take away our RIGHTS)

That is the danger of people like Kerry running for the "highest office in the land" IF he does get in(and I seriously doubt that he will, given his "flip-flop record" of I'll do/say whatever you want to hear) then, what kind of judges(Federal) do you picture him choosing? Bet they won't be pro-hunting, pro-gun or any of the other values most who post here would want to have serving their interests!!

I've also found it hard to believe that ANY gun owners/hunters/outdoorsmen/women could even think of voting for such an obvious gun control "freak"; but I guess it doesn't have to make sense to me???????????

The sad part is: Freedom of the Press, does NOT include the right to lie and manipulate the facts, but somehow NOW that seems to be accepted as "normal" when Americans should DEMAND accuracy in reporting (and the reporters own feelings/thoughts should be left at home) Even in the "information age" where often the truth comes out before the ink is dry on the lies; many times the "damage is done" and people still believe what they heard "on the news"......

<hr noshade size="1">
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day!!

Reloaders Haul Brass!

8. broadside

broadside 6 pointer

Well said Thomas. Open your eyes Democrates. Look at what your party has become and join us. Maybe we could share a couple of <font color="blue">BUSH</font id="blue"> beers.

CAIN'T HAVE NOTHIN

9. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    LoL

"I like to drink <font color="blue">BUSH</font id="blue"> beer, with my double fisted 12 oz curls, I crawl around on my stomack. I track and move and decoy and play games and try to outsmart my wife, you know three sheets to the wind, now thats drinking"

Now it all makes sense.

10. Bowcrazy

Bowcrazy Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Nancy, KY.
  11. Clint Daniels

Clint Daniels 8 pointer

Mar 10, 2003
    ky
    Anti-gun, pro-abortion( but animals have rights), gay rights, raise taxs, anti-work, supports special interest, seems to have a little trouble on making his mind up on how vote ( lets go to war but not supply are troops with the proper equipment they need to survive), Has a loud mouth wife who needs a foot stuck up her $@#$! Thats how I want my family and I represented for the next four years.

To hunt, provide for my family, and serve my Lord and savoir Jesus Christ.

12. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    <font color="red"><font size="6">Bush</font id="size6"></font id="red">