Trophy room

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Capttrae, Feb 19, 2021.

1. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    She has a prized piece.....

High Rack and KYote-Krusher like this.
  2. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    I'd be happy to mount that in my trophy room! (Notice how I kept the post "On Topic"!) :p

Nock, High Rack, Munson and 4 others like this.
  3. CentralKyHunter

CentralKyHunter 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2007
    my brother and I bought the farm 10 yrs ago . We’ve got 155 acres now after adding a little more last year.

The cabin was a dream of mine to have down there. We only live about 15 minutes from the farm but I wanted a place where our family could spend time together. Or my sons could build relationships with their friends and we could all enjoy it together. We have birthday parties, Christmas, Thanksgiving, everything down there. One of the best investments of my life. Considering what it is we got into it pretty cheap doing most of the work ourselves and recycling a lot of old material. It’s definitely a blessing for a family But it has came with a lot of sacrifice. Makes it harder to afford other things at times but it’s money well spent. We probably have 30+ kids a year down to hunt, fish, enjoy the outdoors with us. Here’s a few of the events we did this year with friends, families, and the occasional stranger!!! And this is not a paid club, hundred percent probably on by my brother and I and we don’t charge a penny for anyone to hunt or join us

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    that is awesome!

5. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds

Ahhhh... now those are great photographs! I have seen the eighth one down three different times now and have always loved it. I do not really know why, but it makes me recall some show I watched called, "The Wonder Years", where the group of young boys were having themselves a very long adventure within the woods, and quite an impressionable one, indeed.

What you wrote reminds me a bit of our family and farm, when I was a child. The four wheeler scene within the water actually looks like one part of our creek, which was my favorite spot of all. I did an immense amount of shooting upon our farm, as well. Good times and very blessed by God for it all, as well as extremely thankful to my father.

bowhunter269 and CentralKyHunter like this.
  6. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 8 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    Having some experience with such and after getting a pretty good look one time in a movie, nothing really strikes me as obvious fakery. I do understand your jealousy. Perhaps further research on your part would be warranted.

I do enjoy the calming effects of a babbling brook while sitting in contemplation, however water features should be left out of the trophy room. Other than Cabela's I have never seen whole scenes recreated to display mounts, rich or poor.

DSC05803 (1200 x 900).jpg

G

7. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    God help us now there’s two of them

Nock, Feedman, bondhu and 2 others like this.
  8. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 8 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    No Man, I'm real and I can prove it. I used the word "such" sarcastically. We are men, we are hunters and outdoorsmen, don't let the troll divide us.

G

carnivore, bowhunter269 and Capttrae like this.
  9. I started building a 60 X 40 barndominium with 120’ of wraparound porches after Thanksgiving after my BIL who is a builder mentioned at the T-day dinner table if I was gonna build not to wait til spring as I had planned, but I’d better do it now before materials went out of sight. Man he was right on, wish I’d bought all my materials that day, could have save $25K at a minimum probably a lot more before it’s over. The metal alone cost $6K more than the estimate last October. Everything else is at a premium too right now — plumbing, electrical, HVAC, concrete, etc.

This is the second one I’ve built and really planned on a more hands off, hire it done approach but that hasn’t been the case nor will it the rest of the way. Gotta do all I can to keep costs down now.

Edit: One thing I did right was buy all my windows and doors in early December, saved money and put them in storage.

10. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

You putting the hydro thermal heat in the concrete floor on yours?

11. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Good morning, Stoney. Although still half asleep, your nice photograph brought a much needed smile to my face, also reminding me of our old farm. That looks very much like the old outhouse upon it, when we first purchased the place.

I recall that my father had a camera in hand one day beside it, and one of my more mischievous brothers convinced me to pose within a not so ladylike manner beside that old outhouse. Being a little trooper, I met that challenge, and my father found all to be humorous enough to snap the shot.

I was only eight years old, and we still have that hilarious photograph, but my father tore that old outhouse down after only the first few years, because it had become a snake den directly beside our beautiful trail to the freshwater underground spring, quite some ways off in the distance.

I really did not like the fact that he tore that outhouse down, simply because I felt it to be an important part of the history for that beautiful land. He did so without telling us, and it was simply gone forever one day. Such a shame.

That is the reason I am very thankful for our photograph with me standing beside it doing an outstanding job of acting like a moron about to tinkle within my britches, even though the ladies of our family were quite mortified over my photograph. I had been posing for photographs long before that age, being that my great grandmother's brother was quite the photo bug, with a very expensive camera for the times, which I thankfully still possess these days. Surely his constant snapping photographs of me from as long as I can recall, made me into quite the little model from early on within life. It's rather odd that I never developed an interest in becoming a photographer until much later on, for it all, having been around cameras so very much, but I just simply preferred creating art utilizing other mediums, and truly still do so.

Such partially contributes to my interest within the captain's request for assistance with his trophy room. I shall continue to research my idea about the gator mount, because I just somehow know that it can be accomplished. I think that it should be the first think anyone sees, while walking through the entranceway to his residence, making a beautiful statement and quite the focal point. As previously mentioned, whenever there exists a will, there is a way. Such has been the attitude of my elders handed down through time to each of us, and I believe to be an appropriate one.

As for jealousy, you are grossly mistaken. Perhaps you merely sense a longing of mine own to return home of late, but I would never consider leaving my father during his time of need. He was discharged from the hospital a few days ago, in good health and thank God above.

12. No I decided against it. For the money I was quoted on the install I am gonna beef up the insulation and HVAC instead.

Feedman, woodsman92, aaronc and 2 others like this.
  13. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Holy sheep shit.

Feedman likes this.
  14. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    The captain possesses no need for the expense of heated floors. Our weather down south does not condone it, which is the reason that my floors are covered with off-white marble veined in maroon to pink, with the occasional green, imported from a mine now closed within Argentina. I even have it installed upon the kitchen and bath counters, as well as walls and ceilings within the bathrooms, for a Roman design, simply because it is so very hot within Florida.

I shall add that it became a bit of a nightmare locating that marble once again, when an upstairs shower pan sprung a leak, due to a plumber having cracked the pan while doing a water pipe replacement of my entire residence, and he paid dearly for it all, being that the entire shower is also covered with that marble from the closed mine. I eventually located more of it from a place having installed it at a museum in Florida, being that there existed more after that massive job, but all remained torn down for well over a year finding it.

I later installed yet another stone floor within my North Georgia residence, and being upon a mountain contemplated the install of heated floors, but after discussing such with my friend decided against that expense. She and her husband had recently renovated their residence and installed heated floors, greatly regretting having done so. It doesn't even really become cold enough there, either.

15. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Looks like she is trying to build a house for capt and her. WATCH OUT CAPT!!!!!!!!

Nock, woodsman92, jblack1 and 2 others like this.