Tresspassing, poaching, felon

Realtree man

8 pointer
Nov 10, 2006
Knott County
i hate when i hear of stuff like this. I always try to do my best to do everything legal and when someone does stuff illegally and nothing is ever done about it, it makes me mad.

biggun

8 pointer
Sep 18, 2007
If he is hunting on your friends land take his stand down. Destroy his bait. Put out game cams for a pic of him. Make him feel unwelcome. State police are your friends in this and usually most matters. A report is good but, a pic committing a crime is golden.

Daniel Boone

6 pointer
Dec 6, 2004
East KY
A guy near where I live killed more deer last year than EHD and didn't tag any of them. His brother killed almost as many from the back of pick up trucks on private land and on government land, with bows, muzzle loaders and rifles, even rifles during muzzle loading season. Several people call in on him and he usually get at least one citation a year over no license or somthing of that nature and the local government just has it thrown out because he does not work, and draws some kind of check, and gives them some sort of big time sob story. Its ******** like that that really get me because they think they can get away with anything and most of the time.....they do.

Even the c.o. that has come out and written a few citations has lost interest when people call in because he know's this guy will just have it thrown away.

What do you do in that type of deal???

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mrdux

I've posted this before but it might work in this situation. A friend of mine was having problems with poachers on his cattle farm and had called the local CO several times. The CO wouldn't even come out to investigate. One night David saw the poacher's truck go onto one of his dead-end farm roads. He called the CO and he said he wasn't coming. David then called the KSP and told them to bring the coroner and get the POS body off his land because he was going right then to kill the guy. Within 10 minutes there were 2 KSP cars there and they cornered the guy. He had a rifle, spotlight and dead deer in his truck. He too was a convicted felon and to my knowledge, ended up back in jail.

KYDEERCHASR

10 pointer
Aug 29, 2005
marion county
damn thats my county. its probably in the area i hunt too.

i called about a guy 10 years ago that was doing a lot of poaching. to my knowledge nothing was ever done about this either. wouldnt doubt if it isnt the same one, but i think he may have died.

kywallace69

12 pointer
Aug 18, 2008
Zone 1
Working with the local sherrifs office probably is the best thing to do I guess. CO's are pushed to the last edge. Kentucky budgets cuts and problems finding qualified individuals to test and go the the academy is another. I live in Pike county and only know two CO's. They are run to death in the hunting season. They usually will try and help, but are usually so far out of reach at the time, by the time that get there, their is nothing is going on. People with weapons are a risk. There are too many thugs out there. I written a post yesterday, and then decided to talk with the sheriffs department about the matter. The sheriffs department called the state police and put in the situation on the books and, I know for sure this morning they went to the persons home to talk with them. They called me after the event. He is not at home anymore. I guess that he didn't know that you can't point guns at the police and threaten them. He want be in the woods for a while. As of now the problem is solved. But, he will get out eventually I guess. Unless he does something in jail to extend his stay. I will put my money on it. He didn't make any friends today, and he will be watched the state police said when he gets out.

biggun

8 pointer
Sep 18, 2007
This guy pointed a gun at the state police??? What an idiot. He is very lucky to be alive. It would be alot better for everyone else if he quit breating.

kywallace69

12 pointer
Aug 18, 2008
Zone 1
That is what the Sheriffs office said when I called them back. They went and helped the State go and talk with the guy. The state knocked on the door, the poacher slung open the door, Said, "You all tresspassen on my property", while pointing a handgun of some sort at the police. They said to just put down the gun they where are there to talk, he said I don't want to talk and then it went to heck after that, The police pulled their guns and said, "if you don't put down your gun we shot you". The guy put down the gun and then he got tackled, handcuffed and put into the cruizer. They said that he was drunk as well. He was pretty banged up.........Yes in deed!!! He keep screaming that his house will burn down becasue he has soup beans in the crockpot! The officers nicknamed him soup bean!:D They should have tied him to there cruizer and drung him down the road. Punk poacher!:mad: He is friends with the magistrate, so I don't know how long he will stay in jail. You all know how that goes. I worked at the jail for about two years as a correction officer and I know what goes on. You got money, your out before your in, if you know what I mean.;)

Bystandah

Fawn
Jul 28, 2008
Have you considered claymore mines? heh heh heh :) just kidding on that one. I'm going hunting for the first time in Nov. and i hope i don't have a problem like that. I'm with the calling the KSP crowd on this one. Hope it works out for you in all seriousness.

Pugs

8 pointer
Oct 3, 2005
People is scared to death of this guy. If he sees you hunting he will fire at you and try to run you down. .

He's going to try that with the wrong person once and that will be that. I would be one of those wrong people for him to try it with.

Latest posts