Tresspassing, poaching, felon

hunter1hall

6 pointer
Dec 5, 2003
Springfield, Kentucky.
Ok, I have a friend who has tried repeated times to report a poacher. This individual is a convicted felon, tresspassing on private property, taking more than his limit, hunting out of season with weapons he is not supposed to even have in his possession. I have made numerous calls to various wildlife officials ranging from the 800 number to individual officers homes. Still this dirtbag hunts this property. I have gone as far as giving a name and vehicle description and even told the department I would take them directly to the poachers vehicle while he is in the act of poaching. What has been done? Absolutely nothing! He was seen carrying corn in yesterday with two of his cronies. One of which also hunts there. I have been told that he has killed several trophy caliber whitetails while hunting there. None of which have ever been tagged or checked. It is totally frustrating that you can all but walk a violator in and nothing is done. I am so discouraged by the lack of response on this. Anyone have any ideas?

KY_Fried

12 pointer
Nov 13, 2003
Foster, KY, USA.
You could try getting his picture on a trail cam and then you'll have proof that he's at least trespassing. I would think they would have to do something to him then.

cstraiton

6 pointer
Aug 26, 2008
It's always frustrating when you can't get any cooperation from KDFW. Why is it that the worst people always get away with everything? You can always try putting bear traps out. At least if he steps in one, he won't be hunting for a while. Do you know any of the local law enforcement? If he is hunting with a firearm, he is a felon in possession. You could frantically call the police department and tell them there is a crazy guy with a gun walking around out there. Just some ideas, probably not some of the best though.

2speed

6 pointer
Apr 12, 2006
Southeast KY ..
I know a guy that knows this guy that killed 12 or 13 deer last year and reported him and could not get anything done about it ... GOOD LUCK..

kywallace69

12 pointer
Aug 18, 2008
Zone 1
I have had the same problem with another poacher. He dosen't have a license, kills probably 10+ bucks a year within the 1000 acers that he hunts and he leaves the deer laying to rot. I have found several bucks that he has killed. Everything in tack, antlers and all. He leaves them to rot. The word is that he hates deer. He was hunting this past weekend, and a shot ranged out from his rifle, "yeh, he always hunts with a rifle". After climbing from my stand I went that direction at dark. Sure enough, a doe was laying out in the old logging road that I went down. This crap has to stop. People is scared to death of this guy. If he sees you hunting he will fire at you and try to run you down. That is the story. No ones hunts in there anymore because of him. I am this year. He fires at me, that good ole' rage will be cutting some throat. I called the CO's and they said to call the 800 number. I called the 800 number and reported this guy. Told them where he lives, and where he is hunting and everything that they need to know. I also told them that he will shoot at people and he is hunting private property without permission. They said "sir you need to just stay away from the guy we'll handle it from there". Nothing done yet. About 12 people has called on him, and most of them has pictures and video of him killing deer and remains of the deer. What the heck!!! This has been going on for about three years. I have been checked four time while hunting in this area from CO's.

hunter1hall

6 pointer
Dec 5, 2003
Springfield, Kentucky.
It is a problem that doesnt go away. What will it take to get the attention of someone willing to do something. Its a shame that we pay these guys salaries yet they cant seem to get the job done. If it aint a management area they dont seem really interested. If anyone has a contact i could try pm me. They cant all be this damn lazy.

kyblackmallard

10 pointer
Sep 18, 2006
Call the state police.A felon carrying is trouble.If he is trespassing that is another charge.Mr green jeans is probably afraid of him.The troopers are not.

Combat Triad

8 pointer
Sep 16, 2008
Flatwoods, KY
KYWallace69, Tresspassing is a serious problem and it's sad that nothing has been done to the guy. Being a firearms instructor, I get asked all the time if someone can shoot a tresspasser, the answer to that question is an emphatic NO. However, if this guy is shooting at people, that is Attempted Murder. At the very least it is Wanton Endangerment. That is a whole new situation and your local law enforcement should be notified about this. I agree with some of the previous posts where it was said that you should not try to confront the individual, but if he shoots at you while you are in a place where you have a right to be, then you are covered under the Castle Doctrine and have the right to use deadly force in protection of yourself or others. Again I reccomend that you contact the local law enforcement and make them aware of this situation.

deadaim

12 pointer
Dec 12, 2001
Booger Hollar
I guess thats what i will have to do. So much for the kdfw. What exactly do they do anymore?

I know two officers in my county that work there butts off trying to catch violators....what folks dont understand is they get pulled off game violations to do other law enforcement and animal control:mad: With one or two Co per county they are covered up.

hunter1hall

6 pointer
Dec 5, 2003
Springfield, Kentucky.
I know two officers in my county that work there butts off trying to catch violators....what folks dont understand is they get pulled off game violations to do other law enforcement and animal control:mad: With one or two Co per county they are covered up.

These are excuses. This guy is a convicted felon, breaking tons of laws on a regular basis. It should be a priority.

Latest posts