Tresspassers

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by littleindian, Dec 1, 2020.

1. littleindian

littleindian BBBC Members

Sep 16, 2003
    JAMESTOWN, KY, USA.
    How would you handle this situation? One cousin leased her farm to out of state hunters. They are on my other two cousins that they don't have permission to hunt. They have placed stands on the farms they have no permission to hunt. They have had the property lines explained to them, but they still go where they have no permission. I have had a talk with the Game Warden. That wasn't much help. He is patrolling the area to catch them, but says local court house won't do anything to them. I even sent him a video of one of them shooting a deer out of a blind and he didn't have any orange on. What would you do?

2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Well I’d start with a conversation with my cousin that leased the land. Seems that person is the one who should be doing something about it.

mac0492, KYBluegill, mykizha and 4 others like this.
  3. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    It's up to the cousin to end their lease.....pretty simple. If she doesn't care, then it's on the landowner being trespassed upon.

4. start removing there stands and blind

mac0492, timer, smashdn and 3 others like this.
  5. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Lease that property from your cousin. Maybe they would give you a family discount.

CRFmxracer, BuckNest and bowhunter269 like this.
  6. bah1286

bah1286 8 pointer

Jul 29, 2014
    If I find a blind/stand/camera inside my property line but close, I would give them one chance to move it. If it’s not done, it all comes down and becomes my own.

Junglekat likes this.
  7. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Call the sheriff an get them for trespassing

timer likes this.
  8. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I would take pictures of the stand in the trees . I would take them down ( Leaving part of the ladder) and leave a note that they can find them at the sheriffs office. Put Sheriffs office location and phone number.
    But without thinking about it I would have shown up with them in the stand and tell them to get. That is when my mean snap may kick in if they did not immediately comply. Things I would do without thinking things through.

9. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    No argument here......If it's on my land, it will be removed. Sounds like in this case it's the poster's cousin's cousins.........who likes to take video of folks who shouldn't be there shooting deer from said blind !!

10. littleindian

littleindian BBBC Members

Sep 16, 2003
    JAMESTOWN, KY, USA.
    The cousin that leased her land doesn't care. All she sees is $$$. All of these ideas are being tossed around. However it turns out, I have to be the "bad" guy in the eyes of the cousin that leased hers, to protect the other cousins. I don't know where all she told them they could hunt. I am going to give them one last chance to get their stuff off what they are trespassing. Trying not to stir up to many family flames!:)

11. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    I think you've answered your own question......she likely told them they could hunt wherever they wanted.

littlebear likes this.
  12. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Id own some stands and blinds. Then have a talk with OOS people. Tell em come over again. They may not be found.

bigbonner and Trapper Delk like this.
  13. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 12 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    Yep I Know of 3 farmers has a garage full of stands, they get warned one time then confiscate their stand he had a ATV hook to tractor one day picked up in the air and guy came running out,, he said never had problem with that guy sence

14. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    I re-read your first post. I noticed you didn’t state if you was hunting your other cousin’s property they are going on. Are you hunting it yourself or are you just watching it for your cousin? Does your other cousin even care about them hunting their property?

15. captfire

captfire 6 pointer

Oct 13, 2015
    I would have a bunch of stands and blinds just think you have to buy anymore !!!!!!

Junglekat likes this.