Trespassing

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bobtownhunter, Nov 20, 2020.

1. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Right after he just beat a man half to death with a branding iron. Loved that clip

Feedman, riverboss, barney and 3 others like this.
  2. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Yes sir! You did the right thing by calling the CO.

3. NJohnson

NJohnson Fawn

Nov 3, 2018
    Verona ky
    Yea that's the best thing you should do. I would rather flip their truck over with the tractor to really teach them a lesson but hey..

carnivore, Brody and howbouthemdawgs like this.
  4. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 6 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    u bet, I would like to see States make poaching a crime.

G

5. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 6 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    I had already sold my farm in Iowa and was fishing and hunting in Colorado when my friend back in Keosauqua sent me this picture that he took at the court house in Keosauqua under the freedom of information act. There is probably no better example how States coddle violators, in this case Iowa. When anyone shoots a deer without a tag for the deer then goes and buys one after legal hunting hours and tags the deer for that same day the system throws up a red flag. Conservation Officer Dan Henderson, from another county where the violation occurred, was the only CO that had enough testicle or sense of duty to actually go issue the ticket to the perpetrator. When Dan went to the perpetrator's house to confiscate the deer and the perpetrator's gun, the perpetrator went into such a rage of profanity that the State of Iowa stood down and let the perpetrator keep both the gun and the deer. The State of Iowa had to subsequently return a deer head and gun confiscated from another violator that was busted for the same offense in Van Buren county the year prior. In most States it is not called poaching but rather unlawful transport of deer.

lee's ticket (700 x 933).jpg

G

BootsOn27, Feedman and CRFmxracer like this.
  6. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Not questioning the authenticity of what you posted, but we are supposed to believe Lee Lakosy had not purchased his deer tag by mid December, well after the rut in Iowa ?

1wildcatfan and Meatstick like this.
  7. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Why is the header blotted out but the name and address isn’t?

8. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    Its not blotted out, looks like printing just overlapped i think

rcb216 likes this.
  9. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

Is this supposed to be the same Lee Lakosky that was the host of the "Crush" hunting show with his (now) ex-wife Tiffany?

If so ... something ain't right about this deal ... I'll bet Trump and Putin are behind it. :rolleyes:

bowhunter269 likes this.
  10. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
  11. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    KYBOY likes this.
  12. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
  13. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 6 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    If you ever watched the show you might have picked up on the fact that Lee and Tiff used their bow tags and often their available land owner tag, if applicable during bow season. They saved their gun tags for late muzzleloader. In Iowa you can buy a gun tag that is only good for one gun season, early muzzleloader, 1st shotgun, 2nd shotgun, or late muzzleloader. They did not buy tags for or hunt either of the two shotgun seasons. Lee was out in the field during shotgun season without a tag, with his shotgun and cameraman checking cameras when Lee shot the buck then called Tiff to go get a tag. Tiff passed the job down to her Mom who went to town and bought the tag 18 minutes after legal hunting hours for that day expired. Lee signed the ticket and sent it in by mail along with the $100 fine plus court costs. Hence the ticket that I posted above which I'm sure is still on record and currently available for anyone to request under freedom of information act at the Van Buren County courthouse. When news got out Lee responded on social media that he is the most honest hunter, would never violate a game law, and it was all a simple tag mistake. People up in arms why Lee received seemingly preferential treatment requested and received an answer from the then head of the Iowa DNR explaining that the $100 fine was par for the course and there is no actual poaching law but rather the unlawful transport law. He also stated that he wished that the laws were stronger. The same groups also contacted Lee's sponsors and the Outdoor channel with little or no response. Tiffany pretty much supported the whole industry with her wonderful and plentiful attributes and was simply too big to fail. My information came from a person who worked with the conservation officers and is one person removed from the officer that wrote the citation. I personally had direct contact with and knew all of the officers involved. I am no longer in the Keosauqua loop and/or care. But I am sad to hear that they are divorced. Tiffany stopped at a crosswalk ahead of me one time at the ag store just to smile and greet me, a complete stranger, with a friendly hello. I was charmed as she seemed truly appreciative of her adoring public. Lee not so much.

G

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  14. Thomas Roberts

Thomas Roberts 8 pointer

Sep 5, 2019
    Falls of Rough Kentucky
    Good job!

15. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 6 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    I didn't look at the link. Lee's own backyard was in Henry county the violation occurred at the "Smith Farm rural Bonaparte" which is in Van Buren county. Also read what it says on the ticket "purchase tag after harvest". Does that indicate a simple tag mix up that would lead to a guilty plea and paying of a fine for a game violation "unlawful transport of deer"?

G