Trees on wrong land

Discussion in 'Coon Hunting' started by REMMAN, Dec 10, 2012.

1. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    I for one dont mind coonhunters crossing my fences to get there dogs. If they ask to turn loose on my land they can do that also. The only trouble ive ever had has been from deer hunters with no need to be on my property. Most people have no understanding of coonhunting and how hounds work. I always get a good laugh reading all the greedy posts of the land barons on here. Greed has killed the hunters in more ways than one around here and it will only get worse. I keep my birddogs off private property and call them back when they cross lines. Doing that with a coonhound is impossible in alot of cases. I have no idea why hunters cant get along and realize everyone isnt out to get you and abuse your property.

2. carter county cuckler

carter county cuckler 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    I thank you kind sir,probably a wise thing you didn't;)

3. carter county cuckler

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    I've got a few grouse over here at Hitchins,your welcomed to come over and hunt.

4. robert

robert Fawn

Jan 24, 2009
    eastern ky
    why can't people just get along like they did years ago seem like people did not care if you had to cross thier land to get your dogs or to get a deer that had been shot and ran on someone else land people needs to just lighten up and enjoy hunting.

5. Bowhunter.35

Bowhunter.35 8 pointer

Jul 2, 2012
    Louisville
    Tough guy ^

6. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    It wasn't bad years ago. I used to let anyone hunt just for asking. I started drawing the line when they told me they were gonna come on my property and I couldn't stop them.

It started getting BAD here in the 90's. I drew the line and put a stop to it 7 years ago. I did that because some deer hunters who I had let hunt for free, for 4 years, jumped on my wife because I had went hunting that afternoon. It basically boiled down to they hadn't invited me to hunt my own farm. It was my fault, as I had told them early on to "Hunt the farm like it's yours":rolleyes:

7. grouseguy

grouseguy 12 pointer

Hey, he didn't offer to let you hunt his farm!!!

Seriously, I'm just giggin ripsplitter ... He's a friend of mine.

8. grouseguy

grouseguy 12 pointer

Look ... It's a completely different attitude east vs. west in KY.

You guys take property lines VERY seriously. In the east, if it's not posted, it's ok to small game hunt.

Obviously, there are exceptions to both.

9. carter county cuckler

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    Listen pal,they aint nobody trying to be tough,just stating how it is.If you would live by your Proverb instead of being a smart @** the world would be a better place.

10. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    You are the epitome of all of the coon hunters I know.

11. Bowhunter.35

Bowhunter.35 8 pointer

Jul 2, 2012
    Louisville
    I live the best I can each and every day. So please don't judge me by one two word comment. You're the one that's cursing, and apparently threatening people. " I would advise anybody not to lay a hand on my dog." < That's your exact quote.

12. carter county cuckler

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    If that's cursing then we all are going to hell.If you take that as a threat then so be it as a promise.What's your beef in this anyways?What do you have against coonhunters?

13. Bowhunter.35

Bowhunter.35 8 pointer

Jul 2, 2012
    Louisville
    "promise"?? okay. Haha. I have no problem with coon hunters in general. I respect the sport, but some coon hunters have the attitude that they can do anything they want. Including trespass and hunt on land that your father paid on all his life. On our land we've had problems with people coon hunting with out permission. Also a neighbor let his two coon dogs run free and they chased deer all over our farm.

14. Giveem3outdoors

Giveem3outdoors 12 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    Also a neighbor let his two coon dogs run free and they chased deer all over our farm.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a dog in this fight but one thing needs to be made clear here. Coon dogs don't run deer, deer dogs do. Any Coon hunter that is serious about the sport will not hunt a dog that will run deer if one does they will correct the problem or get rid of the dog. A true Coon dog will not harrass a deer in anyway. But I also believe people shouldn't hunt where there is a high chance of your dog getting on land you don't have permission to hunt. My dog wears a shock collar for that reason if he gets somewhere I'm not allowed as bad as I hate to I can burn him off a tree if there is no other option. But I've only had to do this a couple times.

15. Bowhunter.35

Bowhunter.35 8 pointer

Jul 2, 2012
    Louisville
    I don't have a dog in this fight but one thing needs to be made clear here. Coon dogs don't run deer, deer dogs do. Any Coon hunter that is serious about the sport will not hunt a dog that will run deer if one does they will correct the problem or get rid of the dog. A true Coon dog will not harrass a deer in anyway. But I also believe people shouldn't hunt where there is a high chance of your dog getting on land you don't have permission to hunt. My dog wears a shock collar for that reason if he gets somewhere I'm not allowed as bad as I hate to I can burn him off a tree if there is no other option. But I've only had to do this a couple times.[/QUOTE]

Well his so called "coon dogs" did.