tree stand safety harness tether?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by crompton, Sep 13, 2011.

1. crompton

crompton Fawn

May 7, 2011
    Fort Knox, KY
    So I have just recently started hunting this past spring gobbler season and did all of my hunting out of a blind. Before I left Fort Belvoir VA to come to Fort Knox, a buddy of mine was going through a tough time and had to get rid of some gear, to include a climbing tree stand. I bought the tree stand off of him, and he gave me a safety harness to go along with it. However when I pulled it all out of the boxes, I realized that it is missing the tether between the tree strap and the harness itself...

So..... is it possible to just find this one strap at a decent price? Or do I have to buy a whole new safety harness (that will come with one)? I have done my searching through Bass Pro, Cabelas, etc. and have not seemed to been able to find just the tether. Can anybody offer any help, if it is even possible, in locating one?

2. millerhunter

millerhunter 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2009
    Best to buy a new one, try getting a vest type one!

3. Actually the tether that came with my safety harness is nothing more that climbing paracord and D-ring biner, that is threaded where it locks. It works great and would hold my tail up in a tree for hours if I let it. Good luck.

4. WETWADERS

WETWADERS 6 pointer

My tether was so short it allowed about 45 degrees of movement. Went to this store http://www.jhoutdoors.com/ in Lex. and got a 2' climbing strap (for rock climbing I think) with loops on both ends. Add a carabiner and you're set.