tree rats

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
This is probably what I need to do. All I do is sit and watch the squirrels play when I deer hunt anyways.

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
Hearing that water rain down off limbs when they start moving. Gets me excited
That reminds me when I hunted Fox Squirrels years ago in Southern Indiana. I'd go Squirrel Hunting with my Granddad, and those big 'ole Fox Squirrels would start to move around in early morning. Sometimes we'd go hunting after a good rain and could hear the rain dropping off the trees when they started moving.

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
On my property, I've seen very few Squirrels the past three years due impart to the lack of Mast Crops. Late freezes in May seemly are becoming the norm. Not good if one enjoys Squirrel hunting. This 2020 season has been the poorest I've seen in my 55 years of Squirrel Hunting, having only harvesting five Squirrels.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
On my property, I've seen very few Squirrels the past three years due impart to the lack of Mast Crops. Late freezes in May seemly are becoming the norm. Not good if one enjoys Squirrel hunting. This 2020 season has been the poorest I've seen in my 55 years of Squirrel Hunting, having only harvesting five Squirrels.

I’ve seen you mention this several times. We’re ate up with squirrels but our oak masts have been poor 3 straight years too. For whatever reason seems like hickory and pig masts have stayed solid year after year. Wish I owned the land I hunt on, I’d tell ya to come kill some squirrels.

Latest posts