Tradbow shooting and hunting pics.

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by Carpdaddy, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    Worked for me.

2. Jman

Jman 10 pointer

Feb 14, 2003
    I finally got it to work.

Pouring rain up here this morning. At the office all day but hoping to get out a couple of hours this evening. Saw a 13" 6 or 8 pushing a doe real hard last night. They're getting ready to get busy!

3. Carpdaddy

Carpdaddy 10 pointer

May 12, 2016
    Corbin, Ky
    You may be ahead of me on going. Nearly two weeks in Revival every night, did a Funeral today, and flooded with cute trick treaters tonight. Lol hope to get out next week some.

4. Jman

Jman 10 pointer

Feb 14, 2003
    Zero action for me last night but it was pretty windy/rainy here.

Looking forward to hearing a report from Grinder on their assault on LBL last week!

5. grinder

grinder 10 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    Just got back from a 5 day hunt at LBL. More of a scouting trip for my Grandson's upcoming youth hunt there.
    Saw a few deer, but as typical in LBL, not a lot. No shot opportunities, but did have a basket rack slip up behind me on sunday morning, high winds and he caught my scent at 20 yards directly behind me, and blew, scaring 2 years off my life then waving his flag at me as he ran directly away. Never knew he was there. morning leaves were damp and soft, wind blowing hanging leaves and limbs making all kinds of racket.
    Buddy missed a jacked up doe on alert, and that was it.
    The highlight of the trip was while climbing a tree at first light on a ridge 3 Bald Eagles come in at high speed directly above me, two of them attacking the other, when one finally sets its wings and crashes into the fleeing eagle, both plummeting from about 70 ft through tree limbs clawing, pecking, flapping, screaming, in the throes of combat !
    They hit the ground with a thump, 40 yards from my tree, behind some thick stuff.
    They laid still for just an instant, stunned from the fall i'm sure, then commence to ripping into each other, while eagle number three lights in a nearby tree.
    Trust me when I say, this was street brawl like you aint never seen. Eagle number three notices me, and takes off, while #1 and #2 are too busy trying to kill each other to notice me. Eventually one escapes and flys up in a little tree, the other soon to follow, small limbs between them, catching their breath to resume this brawl over who knows what I would imagine. A brief moment later, they notice me as well, and take off for parts unknown.
    Some may consider this meatless trip a failure, but witnessing this makes this hunt a lifetime memory for me.
    That's what I love about LBL, it is about as wilderness as you can get in Kentucky.
    I have a lot of stories from there over the years. I hope that never changes.

Carpdaddy and Feedman like this.
  6. Jman

Jman 10 pointer

Feb 14, 2003
    Good stuff Grinder!! REAL good stuff. I hope to get to witness something like that some day. I got kind of excited when one flew across the interstate in front of me on I-40 in Tennessee, a couple of weeks ago. I can't imagine getting to experience what you saw. Thanks for sharing!

7. grinder

grinder 10 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    Had one almost land in a tree not 20 yards from me years ago, but he saw me and stopped dead in air right before lighting, and took back off. That was pretty neat. Many years ago i heard scratching on tree trunk next to my head, turned my head and was staring into the big bug eyes of a flying squirrel, less than a foot away !

8. Jman

Jman 10 pointer

Feb 14, 2003
    Got a friend that was sitting in one of those tri-pod type stands several years ago, while we were hunting a huge bean field that had just been combined (west KY). We were about 500 yds apart. It was right at daybreak when he called me and said, "Did you hear me?" I couldn't figure out what in the world he was talking about. I asked him what he meant and he stated, " I was sitting here as still as I could be with my gun resting across the shooting rail. All of a sudden, I heard a big whoosh sound and an owl landed on my gun, right in my face! I screamed like a girl!" I didn't hear him across the 500 yd distance but I thought it was pretty hilarious. So did everyone else later at camp. In order to divert a lot of heckling by the gang, he continually pointed out how good of a hunter he must be if he was sitting still enough that an owl would land on him! I guess he has a point to some degree............

Carpdaddy likes this.
  9. grinder

grinder 10 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    Lol. Great story ! I was hunting at Green River State park some years back when a little screech owl, landed on a vine haging 20 feet out straight in front of me. It only took a second or two and i saw his eyes widen from there normal big, to huge! He was gone in a flash, but i had to chuckle at his ‘ mistake’. I guess even wild animals can get complacent. People drive through that park and comment on how tame the deer are, but they become as wild as any once that quota hunt opens

10. sdorton

sdorton 6 pointer

Apr 10, 2013
    KY
    Just got back from a great hunt in NC. Killed a doe and 8pt bucks with the Recurve.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bowhunter269, Meatstick and Little FR like this.
  11. Jman

Jman 10 pointer

Feb 14, 2003
    Congrats Sdorton! Unfortunately I can't view the pics in whatever format that is. Bummer!

12. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Congratulations on the the buck and doe

Little FR likes this.
  13. grinder

grinder 10 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    Good job ! Your on a role ! Tell us the story!

14. Carpdaddy

Carpdaddy 10 pointer

May 12, 2016
    Corbin, Ky
    Awesome, big congratulations on a great accomplishment!