Tractor Clutch Making Squealing Sound when Releasing It???

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by scsims, Mar 21, 2011.

1. scsims

scsims 10 pointer

I just noticed this weekend after I got my tractor back from having the loader and rear remotes installed. I hear a squealing or squaling sound when releasing the clutch. Kind of sounds similar to a belt slipping. It's not real loud and doesn't seem to do it everytime or the first several times I release the clutch. It seems to be more prevelent when taking off in higher gears. 1 low and reverse really don't make the sound.

I called the dealer he said with the weather changes and amount of time that it had been sitting it's probably rust and should go away with use. But I've worked it pretty hard this weekend and it just seems to get worse with more use. When I let it sit overnight and use it the next day it starts off not doing it that much and then gets a little more prevelant with use.

Is this a possible problem starting to show up with the clutch? Maybe it just started showing up with the increased load it's carrying with the FEL.

2. KTF

KTF Fawn

Jul 9, 2005
    Check clutch throwout bearing.Some have grease fittings-some don't.

3. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    Don't overgrease though. To much is worse than not enough

4. scsims

scsims 10 pointer

Yeah mine has a grease fitting, and I tend to over grease, but looking at it through the inspection port it looks like excess grease just falls to the removable plate.

[​IMG]

5. scsims

scsims 10 pointer

Clutchs must not be a easy thing to easily define as a problem or not. I've posted about my tractor on several forums and the throw out bearing comes up the most but no one has really been able to say if this may be something I should be worried about or not. My tractor only has 56 hours so if there is something wrong I would like to get it looked at while I can still push to get it done under warranty.

6. daking

daking 12 pointer

Dec 29, 2004
    Heck, any noise like that it makes when you're in warranty is a warranty problem

7. huntr467

huntr467 12 pointer

thats what i'm thinking. take it back and get them to fix it. if they can't or say nothing is wrong at least you have documentation in case it causes further damage.
    A throw out bearing is what it sounds like and although it won't likely cause any major damage if it fails. It should be fixed under warranty with no problem.