Tracking Dog Available no fee

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JoeTal, Nov 13, 2017.

1. JoeTal

JoeTal 6 pointer

Apr 22, 2010
    Louisville
    If anyone has a downed deer and needs a little help I would be more than happy to try and supply a tracking dog. I have Wirehaired Pointing Griffon's and we could always use the opportunity for training and tracking.

Joe

2. allseasonhunter

allseasonhunter 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2010
    Love seeing more people offering tracking service. What part of the state are you willing to track in. I run a tracking dog and have for 6 years now and I can say I am swamped with calls. If you would give me a call at 5026824397 I would like to find other reputable dogs I can recommend when I can't make calls.

Capttrae likes this.
  3. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    So, how do you charge for your services, and collect your fee? Has anyone refused to pay you after you found the deer?

4. allseasonhunter

Feb 2, 2010
    No one has ever refused to pay any fee. I charge by distance I have to travel to get to the deer. If they decide the price is fair I assume they will pay on arrival and show up. I do carry a side arm when I am tracking so that may deter any thoughts of not paying but I have never had an issue.

5. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    You are fortunate to have not run into too many shady folks. It can seem like a set up sometimes, going into an isolated area and getting jumped and having your money and things stolen.

6. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    always good to know. hope you can help the rage boys out. :)

richief and hollandhunter like this.
  7. allseasonhunter

Feb 2, 2010
    I probably stand a better chance of getting jumped and robbed while out and about at say Walmart when I am not carrying than I do when I have a loaded pistol at the ready in the woods with a couple of hunters. The thought has never crossed my mind that that might happen. I did refuse 2 calls one year as one sounded like it was shot from the road and the other sounded shady also. Both calls came in about 1am and just didn't seem right. I showed up to a track this morning and refused to do it as I also believe this deer to have been shot from the road. I basically do a job interview type question process asking details about what happened. If anything doesn't add up it throws a red flag.

hotdog and forager like this.
  8. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Wow on the road hunters calling for a tracking dog. Im speechless.

Outdoor_np and hollandhunter like this.
  9. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 10 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

LOL!! You must be required to have big 'ol fuzzy ones to be a road hunter!

Either that or be a complete IDIOT!! :D

elkaholic likes this.
  10. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    Good for you. Any idiot who shoots a deer from the dang road doesn't deserve the right to find it anyway.

elkaholic likes this.
  11. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Right up there with drug users/dealers calling cops when someone steals their dope.

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  12. allseasonhunter

Feb 2, 2010
    The one from last year stated in his call he hit it with his truck then shot it and it took off. Not about to even try that. The one today granted it was a gravel road in the blood started right by the road. So knowing my dog like I do we just walked around the woods for a bit and jumped a deer. When we jumped the deer I said that was him and stopped the track. Yes I got paid for my trip. Was I wrong for doing so, maybe but I wouldn't have gotten a penny if I had just refused to make an attempt. C/O was called after leaving and he said he would look into it.

carnivore likes this.
  13. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    I would say a complete idiot.

14. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    May your luck and good fortune continue to serve you.

15. allseasonhunter

Feb 2, 2010
    Guys who get my number are on hunting forum. Like I said I feel more concerned about going to Walmart than I do to track a deer. These people are trusting me more by allowing me on their hunting farm hoping I don't come back in and hunt illegally than I do of them doing something to me.