Torn up over doe kill

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by reidlandbucks, Sep 16, 2013.

1. reidlandbucks

reidlandbucks 6 pointer

Oct 21, 2011
    McCracken County
    I don't kill snakes unless its am unavoidable situation. Same with spiders. I hit a rabbit in the spring and almost lost it!! I'm a 475lb teddy bear!!

2. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04 10 pointer

Dec 14, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    I could have a doe or 2 in the freezer already but passed bc fawns were with them, I know they'll be fine but just chose not to shoot them yet. Won't kill snakes just because I like them, but spiders, mice, other creepy crawly things, screw'em they're dead if I see them.

3. TedB

TedB 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2005
    Nicholasville
    That fawn will be fine. I helped a farmer out a few years ago and using a nuisance permit killed several does on his place from late July through September using a gun. When I started bow hunting there in October there was a herd of 10 yearlings that were the most hyped up group of deer you've ever seen. Never could get a bow shot on them. From trail cam pics and hunting even the fawns orphaned in July survived.

My dad always said that if you dont feel a little remorse about taking a life you should stop hunting.

4. skin_dog1

skin_dog1 BBBC Members

I've already been seeing button bucks displaced by mama. The fawn will be fine.

5. Maddog10

Maddog10 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2010
    Oh, I'll kill a spider quicker than a hiccup... Not snakes though, unless they are poisonous and in the yard.

6. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Just for the record, I cried when my parents died. I cried when my Mamaw and Pappaw died. I have never cried when something I meant to kill died. I will reserve my tears for Humans and Old dogs.

7. rather-b-huntn

rather-b-huntn 10 pointer

I hear ya! Still waiting for these guys status' to be changes to "Mary"....come on Mods!

So some guys are more emotional than others, OK, at least choke it up and cry like man! Hold it back! Only one little stream is allowed and you better whipe that off quick! Dont let anyone see you and for Pete's sake don't come on a public forum and look for comfort from other "Nancys"! I hope none of the above done this in front of there son....poor kid, imagine what he would think of his ol' man! Might as well tell him its ok to kiss boys!

8. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I still tear up when ol yeller dies too.

9. finelydeerhunting

finelydeerhunting 8 pointer

Nov 7, 2006
    Finley, KY
    I got remorseful after shooting a lead doe during gun season one year. She had 2 little ones with her that wouldn't leave. I regretted the shot, until that backstrap hit the grill, then...... all was right with the world. :)

10. mudd

mudd 6 pointer

Sep 1, 2006
    Pendleton County
    Grab you boys and squeeze...if it don't hurt quit hunting, if it hurts kill whatever you can even if it's on the tit.

11. Maddog10

Maddog10 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2010
    A good backstrap will always remove any doubt. Even kind of makes you regret not shooting the little ones too.