Top Ten Call Companies?

KHAdmin

8 pointer
Aug 17, 2012
I was thinking about how there are thousands of duck call companies. All the way from Duck Commander down to your local custom call shop. But for the call companies that would be considered to at the top, who all are they? Really the best way to ask this is, who all do YOU think are in the top 10 for 2012-2013?

These are who I think would be in the top ten, not in any order...

Duck Commander
Zink
RNT
Banded
Echo
Hayes
Buck Gardner
Haydels
Tim Grounds
Southern Game Calls

Last edited:

STUMP-52

6 pointer
Feb 19, 2010
I've bought some of the more expensive calls out there and tried em for a while only to give em to a kid. I always go back to my Wench! Good and raspy.

Sent from my home rotary phone!

CKYoutdoors

6 pointer
Nov 30, 2011
I'm an echo person myself. Ive liked everyone Ive ever used, and I don't own any expensive ones, but they still sound great to me.

You will probably laugh.

But I have been using Mallardtones for over 40 years on ducks....

Have enough bodies and reeds to last me till my dying day hopefully!

LOL!

Don't let the secret out! Dem youngens don't understand the value of a walnut call! Mallardtone is still one of the best calls made for the price.

The old Oboro lengends like Tangleeye, Bullock, Fahrendorf, and JS Oldham would be proud of you!

WE

Marsh CallUser

12 pointer
May 20, 2011
Bowling Green, KY
I was thinking about how there are thousands of duck call companies. All the was from Duck Commander down to your local custom call shop. But for the call companies that would be considered to at the top, who all are they? Really the best way to ask this is, who all do YOU think are in the top 10 for 2012-2013?

These are who I think would be in the top ten, not in any order...

Duck Commander
Zink
RNT
Banded
Echo
Hayes
Buck Gardner
Haydels
Tim Grounds
Southern Game Calls

If you're talking numbers of calls sold, you have most of the top makers on there. I might disagree with Southern Game Calls and Banded though. At least in this area. Southern has gone downhill since the sale. Banded, while they have their following, gets more grief because of Belding. Getting Keith Allen and the Pure Duck line of calls on board I am sure has helped some.

A couple of companies I would throw in are

J.J. Lares: that guy makes a great call if a person has some patience to learn to call with it. He also sells a TON of them across the country, just not here in the south.

Ducklander Calls: They are a younger company but have come on strong in the last couple of years and are turning out some numbers. Again, not here in the south but in other parts of the country.

There are some other larger all custom companies out there that are putting some numbers out. As far as # of calls produced the two I mentioned crank out a good amount each year.

smashdn

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2003
Palmyra, Kentucky
PS Olt?

The message you have entered is too short though it completely expresses the thought that you were trying to convey. Please type a crass message so that the internet does not blow up.

Latest posts