too much tebow

Art

12 pointer
Nov 27, 2004
Lexington, KY
You said that you "used" to like him. That reads like you no longer do. Just curious what has changed about him that you no longer like?

No, you can feel that way in a totally unjustified manner.

Are you suggesting that there's something wrong with not enjoying overexposure without a justification that is suitable to everyone? How about asking those that have firmly inserted themselves into his anal cavity if that is justified just because his TEAM won a few football games and he prays a lot.

sixxfan26

10 pointer
Oct 4, 2004
Butler, Kentucky, USA.
I guess some of y'all haven't figured out yet that Art is "Mr. Know it All", the King of debates..... no one will EVER win an argument with this guy. Nor will he ever say the words "you are right, I am wrong." That's not even the worst part. The worst part is: instead of checking out threads about things he DOES like, instead he always jumps right in the middle of discussions about things he doesn't like (ie, religion and Ford trucks) just so he can smart off to someone and try to belittle them. Nothing but a smart-alleck, know it all, trouble maker. No one's opinion matters but his.

All bow down to King Art. Even you, Tebow. I can only wish to be as wise as He someday.

Last edited:

Art

12 pointer
Nov 27, 2004
Lexington, KY
I guess some of y'all haven't figured out yet that Art is "Mr. Know it All", the King of debates..... no one will EVER win an argument with this guy. Nor will he ever say the words "you are right, I am wrong." That's not even the worst part. The worst part is: instead of checking out threads about things he DOES like, instead he always jumps right in the middle of discussions about things he doesn't like (ie, religion and Ford trucks) just so he can smart off to someone and try to belittle them. Nothing but a smart-alleck, know it all, trouble maker. No one's opinion matters but his.

All bow down to King Art. Even you, Tebow. I can only wish to be as wise as He someday.

Now I guess we all know now that sixxfan26 will personally attack you if he doesn't deem your opinion as being up to his message board standards. I suggest you climb out of Tebow and check out the title of this thread and then make the connection that King Art didn't start it. This isn't a debate, it's about sharing opinions. Some can handle that lofty responsibility without resorting to name calling and personal attacks, others obviously cannot. Thanks for the valuable input, sir.

smashdn

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2003
Palmyra, Kentucky
Are you suggesting that there's something wrong with not enjoying overexposure without a justification that is suitable to everyone? How about asking those that have firmly inserted themselves into his anal cavity if that is justified just because his TEAM won a few football games and he prays a lot.

You didn't say you didn't like the overexposure, you said you didn't like him because of the overexposure. I asked what he had done to cause you to dislike him.

And you can still choose to not justify why you don't like him. You can still keep not answering if you don't really have an answer or understand the difference of what I am asking and what you keep typing. I was just curious.

I can see it with a car maybe. You like the dodge challengers. But everybody on your block starts getting them and they are all over the news and magaizines as the hot new car. Now you don't care for them as much because the novelty has worn off.

But with a person I don't fully understand. He didn't ask for the media to follow his every move or ESPN to have a Tebow update every 10 minutes. That stuff seems out of his control. He seems to accept blame when they lose and spread the accolades to his team when they win. And is unappologetic about how he goes about his faith.

But he doesn't seem to have changed one bit from day one to now. That is why I am puzzled as to how you can go from liking him to not without a change in his behavior.

ky_bull

12 pointer
Jul 3, 2005
Washington County
Georgia Bakery Produces 'Tebowing' Pretzels

Tim Tebow's stock may have dropped with his team's crushing loss to New England on Saturday night, but the Denver Broncos quarterback is still flavor of the month at a Georgia bakery.
Embracing the "Tebowing" craze -- which involves going down to pray on one knee with a hand raised to the forehead -- The Philly Pretzel Factory in Alpharetta, 25 miles (40 kilometers) north of Atlanta has begun producing its savory snacks shaped like the footballer's pose, CBS Atlanta reported.
Tebow hails from the neighboring state of Florida, having grown up in Jacksonville and attended college at the University of Florida.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpps/news/of...els-dpgonc-km-20120115_17083249#ixzz1jekeltxE

Attachments

• tebowpretzel.jpg
    tebowpretzel.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 118

Art

12 pointer
Nov 27, 2004
Lexington, KY
You didn't say you didn't like the overexposure, you said you didn't like him because of the overexposure. I asked what he had done to cause you to dislike him.

And you can still choose to not justify why you don't like him. You can still keep not answering if you don't really have an answer or understand the difference of what I am asking and what you keep typing. I was just curious.

I can see it with a car maybe. You like the dodge challengers. But everybody on your block starts getting them and they are all over the news and magaizines as the hot new car. Now you don't care for them as much because the novelty has worn off.

But with a person I don't fully understand. He didn't ask for the media to follow his every move or ESPN to have a Tebow update every 10 minutes. That stuff seems out of his control. He seems to accept blame when they lose and spread the accolades to his team when they win. And is unappologetic about how he goes about his faith.

But he doesn't seem to have changed one bit from day one to now. That is why I am puzzled as to how you can go from liking him to not without a change in his behavior.

I guess the best way to explain it in a way that I hope is satisfactory is that I liked Tebow at UF, when he was just a football player. Most people hated him, because he beat their team, probably including some here that have found a new home on his jock.

He is not the same dominant player in the NFL. He is more known for his faith than his ability now. The fact that he has been overexposed has nothing to do with his stellar play. His faith has led to a nationally un-liked team to become the biggest bandwagon that professional sports has seen in years. It has to do with his overtly religious displays and comments, thus leading Christians to overexpose him as their cultural icon of the 21st century. Does Tebow hold any responsibility for this? I say he does.

Do I dislike him personally? No, of course not. He seems to be a good man, even if he did turn down a hot and ready Erin Andrews. I hate what he has become. He doesn't get all the blame for that, but he certainly isn't totally innocent. Not being a Christian, I'm simply not going to get that fuzzy feeling in my pants every time he takes a knee. If I'm going to hear his name 25 times a day, I just expect it to be because of what he does on the field. I don't expect bible beaters to like or respect that, as we have already seen in this thread.

I hope that answers the question, but King Art is not above trying again if it doesn't.

Tim T

12 pointer
Mar 29, 2007
Shepherdsville
I remember another high profile NFL player that was very open about his faith, in fact he was a minister.
Anyone remember Reggie White?

He gave God all the glory, kneeled in prayer before during and after games, and led both teams in prayer before and after games..... He even preached when his schedule allowed......

I don't remember anyone making a big deal about it....
Other than he was a positive role model.

As for how good a year tebow has or hasn't had, name another rookie QB that is 8-4 with a playoff win and without mini camp or any preseason..... He may not win Saturday against New England but I wouldn't bet against him......

Call it coincidence, luck, the stars in perfect allignment, what ever makes it right in your mind..... The kid is a winner and his faith plays a key roll in his success!

Difference is Reggie White was good.

TripleGee

12 pointer
Sep 13, 2003
Somerset
Well, Tebow DIDN'T lose the game Saturday, New England stomped the living doggie doo out of anything Denver ever tried. They were prepared. When Tebow could avoid the rush, no one was open. His Offensive line was just that, offensive, in a pathetic way as well as was Denver's defense. Tebow had little to do with the loss Saturday. It was more of an Alabama/KY tilt. Outmatched just everywhere.

And, Tebow is above-average in NFL terms, nothing more. But, his heart, drive and determination are what folks like. He's just a relieving breath of fresh air compared to the Ray Lewis' and other players who've had violent situations occur during their careers.

sixxfan26

10 pointer
Oct 4, 2004
Butler, Kentucky, USA.
1. Why do you even care?

2. Voicing an opinion would be to post once and leave it alone. Posting and replying multiple times --- I'm pretty sure this qualifies as a DEBATE.

3. Tim Tebow isn't responsible for anything, and hasn't become anything different than he was in Florida. THE NATIONAL MEDIA is 100% responsible for blowing this thing up and making it about Tebow's christianity instead of football. They do this for a reason --- because it draws attention and attention draws ratings. Tebow is a talented athlete, but he's basically the ONLY one who is so outgoing with his faith, and this is why he attracts the media's attention. The only reason this becomes a negative is because of the non-believers. They're somehow offended by it. My opinion is that Tim Tebow is the kind of christian that ALL of us believers should be.... NOT ASHAMED TO SHOW IT. Most of us don't try hard enough to connect that gap between what we believe and how we act upon our beliefs. Bottom line, if you don't like Tebow or the media attention he gets, NO ONE is forcing you to watch, read, or listen to ANYTHING about TimTebow.

Art

12 pointer
Nov 27, 2004
Lexington, KY
1. Why do you even care?

2. Voicing an opinion would be to post once and leave it alone. Posting and replying multiple times --- I'm pretty sure this qualifies as a DEBATE.

3. Tim Tebow isn't responsible for anything, and hasn't become anything different than he was in Florida. THE NATIONAL MEDIA is 100% responsible for blowing this thing up and making it about Tebow's christianity instead of football. They do this for a reason --- because it draws attention and attention draws ratings. Tebow is a talented athlete, but he's basically the ONLY one who is so outgoing with his faith, and this is why he attracts the media's attention. The only reason this becomes a negative is because of the non-believers. They're somehow offended by it. My opinion is that Tim Tebow is the kind of christian that ALL of us believers should be.... NOT ASHAMED TO SHOW IT. Most of us don't try hard enough to connect that gap between what we believe and how we act upon our beliefs. Bottom line, if you don't like Tebow or the media attention he gets, NO ONE is forcing you to watch, read, or listen to ANYTHING about TimTebow.

You've missed the point. Do you have any idea how many places the Tebow circus has shown up over the past couple of months? It's not like if you don't watch ESPN or the NFL that you wouldn't know who he is. That's what I'm saying, I'm just sick of hearing about him. I don't give a damn what he believes in or how many touchdowns he throws.

Anyone can become negative with enough exposure. That, IMO, is what has happened to Tebow. If people can't get enough of him, there's only a few reasons for it. They are either a super devout Christian that thinks no amount of in your face religion is too much. They might be a life-long Bronco's fan excited about the moderate success. They might be a lady that likes his butt. They might be a homo that likes his butt. Outside of that, I can't see what he has been so popular over the last couple of months, and it has nothing to do with being a non-believer. I would be sick of ANYONE that has been as overexposed as Tebow has over the past two months. I welcome the time off from hearing about him everywhere I go.

Art

12 pointer
Nov 27, 2004
Lexington, KY
I didn't know about this. My guess is that he can probably pull better hide than her if he had an inkling to.

That's the rumor. If he can do better than her, I sure would like to see it. All I can say is that I wouldn't bend over in front of any man that turns down Erin Andrews.

BadDuck

12 pointer
Aug 13, 2007
Bullitt County
1. Why do you even care?

You've missed the point. Do you have any idea how many places the Tebow circus has shown up over the past couple of months? It's not like if you don't watch ESPN or the NFL that you wouldn't know who he is. That's what I'm saying, I'm just sick of hearing about him. I don't give a damn what he believes in or how many touchdowns he throws.

Anyone can become negative with enough exposure. That, IMO, is what has happened to Tebow. If people can't get enough of him, there's only a few reasons for it. They are either a super devout Christian that thinks no amount of in your face religion is too much. They might be a life-long Bronco's fan excited about the moderate success. They might be a lady that likes his butt. They might be a homo that likes his butt. Outside of that, I can't see what he has been so popular over the last couple of months, and it has nothing to do with being a non-believer. I would be sick of ANYONE that has been as overexposed as Tebow has over the past two months. I welcome the time off from hearing about him everywhere I go.

I dont think he missed the point at all. Tebow isnt doing ANYTHING different than he used to. The media has drawn the attention to him. How is it Tebows fault that his so called circus has shown up so much no more than it is ray Lewis's fault if some thug commits murder.

Latest posts