Too many polar bears

EC

12 pointer
Jul 13, 2003
Louisville, KY.
Apparently there are so many in this area they have started eating people...

But they tell us there's too many people making horrible carbon.

Cripes, just declare 'open polar bear season'. That'll end their woes in a week and won't cost a penny. However, this sounds like a great opportunity to give their government buddies millions in grant money to study how to solve the problem.

ojibwa62

12 pointer
Jul 1, 2018
NOTW
Heck I always wanted to kill a Polar Bear but with all the crap over bringing one back to the states I never got the chance. I would volunteer my time and money to help take at least one out.
I know of someone who managed to get a mounted one and crap they had to go through was just crazy ..

DaveInJax

Spike
Aug 18, 2018
Northeast Florida
Heck I always wanted to kill a Polar Bear but with all the crap over bringing one back to the states I never got the chance. I would volunteer my time and money to help take at least one out.

Now, what if they said "Sure Duster, come on up and kill you a biggun! but you have to use a bow" :D

bird whisperer

12 pointer
Aug 16, 2012
Hog Town USA
Sounds like President Trump should lift the embargo on importing Polar Bear remains into the lower 48. Problem could then be rectified with a controlled number of non resident tags. Its a win win. ;)

Duster

12 pointer
Dec 14, 2001
Up in the woods above Lake Malone
I know of someone who managed to get a mounted one and crap they had to go through was just crazy ..
I had a guy offer me a rug made from one killed many years ago but like you said all the crap I would have to go thru to keep it I had to pass. Bad enough to bring a black bear killed in Canada back into the states I could imagine the hoops you would have to jump thru to get a polar bear back in. We hunted one year not that far from Church Hill Manitoba so it wouldn't be but a train ride from where we were.

DaveInJax

Spike
Aug 18, 2018
Northeast Florida
Heck I would do that wouldn't bother me one bit as long as I had a backup with a big gun... :D As long as I don't have to shoot a Rage broadhead... :eek:

Yeah, If I had to be within bow range of a bear that size and the attitude they seem to have.....I want a few people there with some massive firepower. If im gonna piss him off with a toothpick I want to know someone else can smash him with a cannonball.

Duster

12 pointer
Dec 14, 2001
Up in the woods above Lake Malone
Not a Polar Bear but did anyone ever see the old film of Fred and the Griz hunt. He and the cameraman were close enough you could hear bones breaking from the bear feeding on a dead moose. The bear stood up facing him and he tried a front on shot. Fred missed the first shot and he ran one way and the bear the other. He did slip back in and kill it a couple days later tho.

Latest posts