Toby Keith's I love this bar

Manzanita

12 pointer
Apr 16, 2006
Telecheck 018
About those signs. In (God Bless) Kentucky, I'm most likely carrying right past them and I don't hardly give a fig what anybody else thinks about it. The only time you'll know I have it is if somebody needs shooting. At that point, providing things turn out okay, you'll be like, "Dang, I'm sure glad you had that on ya."

Dubya Gee

8 pointer
Apr 10, 2012
Snow, KY
About those signs. In (God Bless) Kentucky, I'm most likely carrying right past them and I don't hardly give a fig what anybody else thinks about it. The only time you'll know I have it is if somebody needs shooting. At that point, providing things turn out okay, you'll be like, "Dang, I'm sure glad you had that on ya."

What he said^^^^^

Dubya Gee

8 pointer
Apr 10, 2012
Snow, KY
So no thoughts on what anyone would do at Mall of America?

Depends on the legal penalties in Minnesota or Wisconsin, wherever it is. If there is any gray area whatsoever in their laws, I'm strolling right past that one too. If I could go to prison for trying to make use of a Constitutionally enumerated right, then I would have to evaluate at that point depending on the penalty.

Again, the only time anyone else will ever be the wiser is if, God forbid, I had to use it.

Last edited:

bluesteel

6 pointer
Aug 11, 2013
So, the Mall of America has specifically been called out as a target by the same group that attacked the mall in Kenya that resulted in 67 deaths in 2013. The Mall of America has signs banning firearms in the mall. The mall is private property. If you go, do you ignore the ban or not?

So the Mall of America has signs prohibiting firearms? Why has this not been mentioned by the media? It should be perfectly safe....

Toby Keith contributed the maximum amount he could to the Rick Perry campaign. Though he does declare himself a dem. And... during obamas first campaign, he did refer to obama as the best dem candidate since bill clinton. Maybe he had just smoked with willie....or slick willie.

bigpuddin43

12 pointer
Feb 21, 2007
bucktown
Easy on the mall of America. Don't go there. Simple. Nothing there that I would ever have to go for. Would you take your family anywhere that a terrorist group has said they want to hit?

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
So the Mall of America has signs prohibiting firearms? Why has this not been mentioned by the media? It should be perfectly safe....
It's been all over the internet.

I was channel surfing just a couple days ago and stopped at Cam & Company on the Outdoor Channel( I think that's where I was) .... they were discussing it.

Which they were talking with a state rep from Minnesota and he stated that the way their laws were setup when they passed legislation on concealed carry ... the signs were really illegal. That they can't stop or charge anyone from carrying concealed inside the Mall of America.

He also stated that Mall of America corporate administrators were involved in discussions when the concealed carry legislation was passed and they know this. Again ... a difference in the way the laws from state to state.

But this was the only time I've heard this mentioned on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluesteel

6 pointer
Aug 11, 2013
It's been all over the internet.

I should have been more clear. The media should let us know that the Mall of America is perfectly safe due to the prohibition of firearms within the mall. The potential terrorists will be stopped dead in their tracks.

coysmoker

6 pointer
Feb 23, 2010
Boone Co.
Wear the weapon in and if you are approached say you never seen a sign saying you couldn't. Most of them are on the door to the entrance. Just tell them there were people coming in before you so the door was open and you just walked in. If they ask you to leave ..... do so and never come back.

slobear

12 pointer
Nov 20, 2014
Trump town, USA
I was in cincy over the weekend on a business trip. The 11 of us decided to eat at Toby Keith's I love this bar and grill. Upon entering the place I notice a sign that says "no firearms on premises". 4 of us had to return to the vehicles to remove our concealed firearms. I was very upset about this because of the type of symbolism Toby Keith puts in his music about being a redneck, pro-military, anti-terrorist, and generally speaking-just an all-American country boy. Now I realize I don't really know "who" actually owns the restaurant, and I'm sure they have their reasons for not allowing firearms in their joint it I think they are being very hypocritical and sending mixed signals..."hey we are all proud to be Americans and support the 2nd amendment, just don't bring your guns in here". Needless to say we will not be going back and Toby Keith loses a lot of my respect.

P.s.- a sign that reads no guns in here only stops law abiding citizens like myself, a criminal could easily post up outside, around the corner or whatever and rob and/or kill anyone coming out of that place cause they are virtually guaranteed to preying on the unarmed. Ohio recognizes ky's ccdw permit, this place needs to get with the program. Anyway I just wanted to pass this along.

I would not have graced the establishment with my presence.

Latest posts