Toby Keith's I love this bar

Art

12 pointer
Nov 27, 2004
Lexington, KY
The owner of private property has the right to allow or not allow you to carry. A right granted by the constitution only protects you from the government limiting that right. Like I said you should either leave your weapon or leave their property because why is your right to carry more important than their right to control what happens on their property. Glad to see you would happily infringe upon someone else's rights because you think yours are more important.

I think my right to defend myself is more important than someone else's opinion that I shouldn't be able to. I would never let my desire for a cheeseburger override my right to carry a gun. There are too many other options to let people that want to limit the freedom of law abiding citizens dictate how I stuff my face. Besides, I don't know the gun laws in OH, but here in KY I don't think it's even legal for an individual to dictate where people can carry their guns. I believe that is covered in legislation. None of it matters if you just carry your weapon concealed or choose to eat somewhere besides a liberal burger place. IMO, this should never be an issue.

I could be a little off, but I think Toby Keith is a douchebag and I hate liberals, so it's hard for me to be objective sometimes.

Art

12 pointer
Nov 27, 2004
Lexington, KY
So owners have to allow firearms but ban smoking :) Whatever Art wants lol

That's what the law says, isn't it? It's not like you can just open a business and do whatever the hell you want behind the doors. You have have a certain set of rules you have to abide by if you want to legally do business. These laws came about through public opinion, so it's real hard to find much support if you are a pro-smoking gun hater.

bigpuddin43

12 pointer
Feb 21, 2007
bucktown
Wrong they can set their own rules in a place. And if you don't want to abide by them then you should go somewhere else. As stated before packing into a persons business that does not allow it is trespassing. Can't believe you would support someone not being allowed to make their own rules on their own property. Would you like someone just come hang out in your front yard or on your porch with a gun on their hip. Someone you don't know. Or would you run them off. I fully support the right to carry. I carry. But I also support a business owners right to not support that right on his personal property. When you start putting the rights that you believe in above right of those you don't agree with you start to sound liberal yourself.

Art

12 pointer
Nov 27, 2004
Lexington, KY
Wrong they can set their own rules in a place. And if you don't want to abide by them then you should go somewhere else. As stated before packing into a persons business that does not allow it is trespassing. Can't believe you would support someone not being allowed to make their own rules on their own property. Would you like someone just come hang out in your front yard or on your porch with a gun on their hip. Someone you don't know. Or would you run them off. I fully support the right to carry. I carry. But I also support a business owners right to not support that right on his personal property. When you start putting the rights that you believe in above right of those you don't agree with you start to sound liberal yourself.

I'm pro-gun, liberty, and freedom. To support otherwise is not in my DNA. Smoking is a different animal. I don't support an owners "right" to cook tainted meat just because he owns the business any more than I do him telling me I can't carry a concealed weapon when the government says I can. Now, if he could give me a good reason, then I'd listen. I can give you a good reason on smoking. What is the reasoning of prohibiting law abiding citizens from carrying an inanimate object? His reasons are political and ideological in nature, and I can't go along with that

trust me

Troubled Loner
Nov 27, 2004
Jerkwater, KY

Thank you. Saved me some typing.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
I'm pro-gun, liberty, and freedom. To support otherwise is not in my DNA. Smoking is a different animal. I don't support an owners "right" to cook tainted meat just because he owns the business any more than I do him telling me I can't carry a concealed weapon when the government says I can. Now, if he could give me a good reason, then I'd listen. I can give you a good reason on smoking. What is the reasoning of prohibiting law abiding citizens from carrying an inanimate object? His reasons are political and ideological in nature, and I can't go along with that
I probably agree with you on 99% of issues. I'm confused on this particular one. What is the justification on mandating as statewide smoking ban? Also, why does your right to protect yourself, trump the rights to property of another citizen...when you voluntarily enter their property?

bigpuddin43

12 pointer
Feb 21, 2007
bucktown
But the government and politics has nothing to do with this conversation. You are saying your right to carry in public supersedes a property owners right to allow who comes on their property. This is not a public place. It is a private establishment that is open to the public. Big difference than walking down the street. They aren't denying you any service because you carry they are simply saying if you want to carry don't do it here. No different than someone on here hosting the next wingding and saying leave the pistols at home.

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
Wrong they can set their own rules in a place. And if you don't want to abide by them then you should go somewhere else. As stated before packing into a persons business that does not allow it is trespassing.
Can't believe you would support someone not being allowed to make their own rules on their own property. Would you like someone just come hang out in your front yard or on your porch with a gun on their hip. Someone you don't know. Or would you run them off. I fully support the right to carry. I carry. But I also support a business owners right to not support that right on his personal property. When you start putting the rights that you believe in above right of those you don't agree with you start to sound liberal yourself.

NO wrong "AS Stated" IN KY it's NOT trespass (it's 100% LEGAL) - only IF they discover you're CC and ask you to leave and You Refuse to leave "you may" be charged with trespass...... that is not "opinion" but fact ; in fact it's right in the statutes on Concealed Deadly weapons IF you still don't believe it

Bold #2 - An open to the Public business is NOT in the same league as one's home or 'porch" , comparing them is a "non-starter" .....since we don't allow any strangers who want to "just come on in" nor do most folks have big OPEN signs on their porch.....

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
That being said IF YOU want to "obey someone's sign" I couldn't possibly care less, but trying to twist the laws isn't the way to get others to do what you want them to do. Since to get a CDWL you must be an adult - we'll each decide what we will or will not legally do.

BTW plenty of places post because they're "forced to post" (Corp headquarters or insurance) so the "heed their wishes" is not 100% accurate either FWIW

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
NO wrong "AS Stated" IN KY it's NOT trespass (it's 100% LEGAL) - only IF they discover you're CC and ask you to leave and You Refuse to leave "you may" be charged with trespass...... that is not "opinion" but fact ; in fact it's right in the statutes on Concealed Deadly weapons IF you still don't believe it

Bold #2 - An open to the Public business is NOT in the same league as one's home or 'porch" , comparing them is a "non-starter" .....since we don't allow any strangers who want to "just come on in" nor do most folks have big OPEN signs on their porch.....

What if he is talking about Ohio which is where the aforementioned bar is located? I was under the impression that it was more of a philosophical discussion than of actual law.

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
Well IF he is talking about Ohio- then AGAIN it's already a crime to carry past a no gun sign- period - (even if you didn't actually see the sign - get caught do not pass go) which was pretty well pointed out already ... IOW there is no point in discussing "simple trespass " (as in KY IF asked to leave AND you refuse to leave) and a crime in any other state where no gun signs carry Force of Law by simply carrying past them

M

mrdux

I like it !!

However "I" would change the red circle to Green......

Red was the only option from the company I ordered it from at the time. They came out with green later. I would order green myself now.

buckfever

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2002
Harrods Creek Ky, USA.

Can you direct me to the law or regulation which makes this a "fact" and NOT your "opinion"?

I'd agree that would likely be true if a CC person walks into a private establishment not knowing about the owner's rule against firearms. However, what if the person carrying has KNOWLEDGE of the ban against firearms? If a CC individual has knowledge that a private business has issued a blanket "no firearms" policy for his/her/its property, and the CC individual proceeds to enter that private property with a firearm against the owner's wishes, why is that not trespassing??? What law/rule states that there is the additional requirement that the owner also ask him to leave????

KRS 511.080(1) (Criminal Trespass) states: "A person is guilty of criminal trespass in the third degree when he knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in or upon premises." It seems to me that if the gun carrier knows that the owner does not allow people to enter with a gun and disregards that, he's guilty of "knowingly enter[ing] unlawfully" upon the premises.

Also, suppose, for example, a guy gets drunk and obnoxious at a bar, and the bar bans him for life for being a lout. If the drunk guy comes back the following week and enters the property, does the bar owner have to ask him to leave again and then have the guy refuse before he can charge him with criminal trespass?

You may be right, but I've looked at the Concealed Carry statutes and I can't find any statute that says there can't be trespassing charges against an CC holder unless the private owner first asks him to leave.

Latest posts