Toby Keith's I love this bar

bigpuddin43

12 pointer
Feb 21, 2007
bucktown
I would have to respectfully disagree. What is going on in the middle east has nothing to do with our right to carry a concealed weapon. Our right to bear arms (or ban them) is not being decided in Iraq. It is a long standing right that is limited in some places by our own government. The people have spoken on what they want with respect to lawful citizens being allowed to carry concealed firearms, and it is our own citizens that are fighting it in many places. The war to continue our right to bear arms is taking place in our state and federal legislatures, and in our voting booths. We fight it with our votes and with our money. I can't say that I "respect" any owner that wants to personally question the rights of law abiding citizens that are concerned for the safety of themselves and others.

The owner of private property has the right to allow or not allow you to carry. A right granted by the constitution only protects you from the government limiting that right. Like I said you should either leave your weapon or leave their property because why is your right to carry more important than their right to control what happens on their property. Glad to see you would happily infringe upon someone else's rights because you think yours are more important.

Duster

12 pointer
Dec 14, 2001
Up in the woods above Lake Malone
Simple answer to the problem.....Hide the heat...go in and eat....Unless your one of those type that wants everyone to know your packing there should be no problem. I walk around a local mall all the time that has the no weapons sign on the doors while CC, never had anyone question me.

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
Keep in mind IN OHIO - no gun signs DO carry force of law ( just carrying past the sign IS a crime)........ do not pass "GO" do not collect $200....

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
Keep in mind IN OHIO - no gun signs DO carry force of law ( just carrying past the sign IS a crime)........ do not pass "GO" do not collect $200....

All the more reason to avoid the Toby Keith bar. I'm telling you the food is just not that good...at least the meal I had there was not.

Brutus Hedgeapple

10 pointer
Jul 30, 2002
South Central Ky.
Simple answer to the problem.....Hide the heat...go in and eat....Unless your one of those type that wants everyone to know your packing there should be no problem. I walk around a local mall all the time that has the no weapons sign on the doors while CC, never had anyone question me.

I think I was told by mt CC instructor, in Ky, if the owner/proprietor has a sign that says 'No Firearms' that is their right but not against the law, unless its a bar. If you are caught carrying there, they can only ask you to leave or the worst thing have a cop come and get you for tresspassing.
And it usually doesn't stop me from packin either.

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
I think I was told by mt CC instructor, in Ky, if the owner/proprietor has a sign that says 'No Firearms' that is their right but not against the law, unless its a bar. If you are caught carrying there, they can only ask you to leave or the worst thing have a cop come and get you for tresspassing.
And it usually doesn't stop me from packin either.

Yes IN KY

They have to ask you to leave and IF you refuse (who is going to do that) only then could you get a small trespass charge IN KY

Ohio, TN and some other states though it is much different (a crime)

M

mrdux

Sign at the front door of my business. Anybody got a problem with it?

deadaim

12 pointer
Dec 12, 2001
Booger Hollar
I would have to respectfully disagree. What is going on in the middle east has nothing to do with our right to carry a concealed weapon. Our right to bear arms (or ban them) is not being decided in Iraq. It is a long standing right that is limited in some places by our own government. The people have spoken on what they want with respect to lawful citizens being allowed to carry concealed firearms, and it is our own citizens that are fighting it in many places. The war to continue our right to bear arms is taking place in our state and federal legislatures, and in our voting booths. We fight it with our votes and with our money. I can't say that I "respect" any owner that wants to personally question the rights of law abiding citizens that are concerned for the safety of themselves and others.

So owners have to allow firearms but ban smoking :) Whatever Art wants lol

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
So owners have to allow firearms but ban smoking :) Whatever Art wants lol

Funny that I thought the same thing when I read that post and remembering his past opinion on smoking bans.

Which I'm as big a proponent for carrying as you will find .... but you can't let that cloud the bigger picture. If an owner of a private business deems no firearms ... I may not agree but I respect their wishes or go somewhere else. Which is my exact opinion on smoking bans.... they shouldn't be dictated and be up to the owner of the business if they want to allow it or not.

Unfortunately though ..... we live in a country where people can't think and make decisions for themselves anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts