Toby Keith's I love this bar

pitbull270

6 pointer
Sep 3, 2007
western Ky
I was in cincy over the weekend on a business trip. The 11 of us decided to eat at Toby Keith's I love this bar and grill. Upon entering the place I notice a sign that says "no firearms on premises". 4 of us had to return to the vehicles to remove our concealed firearms. I was very upset about this because of the type of symbolism Toby Keith puts in his music about being a redneck, pro-military, anti-terrorist, and generally speaking-just an all-American country boy. Now I realize I don't really know "who" actually owns the restaurant, and I'm sure they have their reasons for not allowing firearms in their joint it I think they are being very hypocritical and sending mixed signals..."hey we are all proud to be Americans and support the 2nd amendment, just don't bring your guns in here". Needless to say we will not be going back and Toby Keith loses a lot of my respect.

P.s.- a sign that reads no guns in here only stops law abiding citizens like myself, a criminal could easily post up outside, around the corner or whatever and rob and/or kill anyone coming out of that place cause they are virtually guaranteed to preying on the unarmed. Ohio recognizes ky's ccdw permit, this place needs to get with the program. Anyway I just wanted to pass this along.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
I don't know how they are still in business. When they first opened the place was packed. Now not so much. I think it's one of the lamest bars down there. I rarely cross the river to venture the streets of Cincinnati, but when I do, Toby Keith's bar is the last place I would think of. They don't really play country music. As far as the 2nd amendment, it is hypocritical to say the least. Toby Keith is a faux country artist and definitely makes a lot of money being a "patriot"

pentail

Bacon
Staff member
Sep 25, 2002
Savoring the smoke
How are they going to know? And if you were to need it, I would think what the management of a bar had to say about it would be pretty far down the list of concerns

RackedUP

8 pointer
Oct 30, 2013
I saw Toby in an interview once where he said "believe it or not im a democrat". I sure wouldn't think so with his lyrics, attitude and involvement with the troops.

muddhunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2005
louisville
I'm with Pentail. Was there someone at the entrance patting folks down? If not; eat your food,drink your beer, pack your heat and leave when you've had your fill.

bigpuddin43

12 pointer
Feb 21, 2007
bucktown
I'm going to disagree with some of y'all. While I support the right to carry and try to do my best to spend my money in establishments that welcome those that carry. It is the owners right to not allow it. Don't forget that while our soldiers are fighting for our right to pack. They are also fighting for the restaurant owners right to not allow it in his establishment. Respect their rights as you wish them to respect yours.

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
In Ky..... there's several locations where CDWL license holders are restricted to carrying concealed. Which one is listed below.....

"Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for the consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted for that purpose. "

Other words...... you can't legally carry concealed in what is defined as a bar in Ky.

Which I don't know what Ohio's laws are but the no firearms subject here may go beyond what the owner wants and more with what coincides with the laws on the books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art

12 pointer
Nov 27, 2004
Lexington, KY
If I see a sign that says Toby Keith, I'm avoiding whatever it is related to. Any business that decides to ban the rights of law abiding citizens should NEVER be patronized if possible. If that is not an option for whatever reason, then the sign (or suggestion) should be ignored.

Art

12 pointer
Nov 27, 2004
Lexington, KY
I'm going to disagree with some of y'all. While I support the right to carry and try to do my best to spend my money in establishments that welcome those that carry. It is the owners right to not allow it. Don't forget that while our soldiers are fighting for our right to pack. They are also fighting for the restaurant owners right to not allow it in his establishment. Respect their rights as you wish them to respect yours.

I would have to respectfully disagree. What is going on in the middle east has nothing to do with our right to carry a concealed weapon. Our right to bear arms (or ban them) is not being decided in Iraq. It is a long standing right that is limited in some places by our own government. The people have spoken on what they want with respect to lawful citizens being allowed to carry concealed firearms, and it is our own citizens that are fighting it in many places. The war to continue our right to bear arms is taking place in our state and federal legislatures, and in our voting booths. We fight it with our votes and with our money. I can't say that I "respect" any owner that wants to personally question the rights of law abiding citizens that are concerned for the safety of themselves and others.

Latest posts