Tobacco Dark Fire and Dark Air

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by bigbonner, Jan 8, 2020.

1. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Is anyone growing dark fire or dark air tobacco?
    I was wondering how it was selling this year.
    I sure do miss growing a tobacco crop . We have looked into hemp but it looks like to big of a gamble to grow and make money.

2. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Been a long time since I’ve seen any grown here.

3. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    I haven't seen a tobacco patch since the Feds shut down the money......around here anyway. I used to see them all over out in the county.

4. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Loss of tobacco has hurt a lot of farmers here where I am . Me especially because I like other farmers don't have a lot of flat land to grow large field crops . Farmers like me would grow a acre in one place and larger acres up to around 25 acres . But we could plant several patches . At one time I was growing 60 acres and have cattle .
    Other countries are growing our tobacco crops now with lots of corn and soybeans, pushing USA prices down low.

5. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Past summer I saw some of the largest tobacco patches and tobacco barns I've ever seen between glasgow and fountain run.

6. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    Plenty of it growing here around me. Several nice big hemp crops this past year also . One thing I learned from the hemp is if you want a great dove hunt plant hemp it is a dove magnet.

7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Very few barn's not on fire (LOL) this fall around me so someone is making money.