To Ban or Not to Ban

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Mr. Blonde, Jan 5, 2013.

Should mojo/spinning wing decoys be banned in KY?

1. Ban them for life

21 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. I couldn't kill a duck without them

33 vote(s)
    61.1%
  1. tyshe17

tyshe17 12 pointer

May 4, 2007
    This...

Killed mallards over a dry field next to 400 acres of flooded corn this year with 6 mojos working (none are mine I don't own any)

Also watched ducks in that same field peal off the decoys constantly...

If your where they want to be you don't need them, if your in the vacinity they can help or hurt. I think they are most effective earlier in the season an farther north.

In AR last year the kryptonite was a fully stocked jerk string. Mojos were a waste of time.

2. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Them sobs was hungry too though. If not killing a duck meant I wasn't going to eat then I'd go about it a little different too.

But since it is "sport-hunting" I say we try to keep it as sporty as possible.

3. Danny Roberts

Danny Roberts Fawn

Dec 3, 2008
    George Holler, Ky.
    I'd say leave it like it is.

4. Labrador

Labrador 8 pointer

Dec 14, 2001
    KY
    This poll has been going on for years. I thought the originator had, too, or maybe just wants his/her ego boosted by getting support by fellow respondants. None from me; haven't used a robo/mojo decoy in years but DON'T WANT THEM TO BE BANNED.

5. The people have spoken, I can't help that 68% can't get the job done without a vibrating, spinning, battery powered things. And as far as my ego goes, my wife puts up with my ego and finds it amusing 90% of the time and knows I don't need one of them vibrating, spinning, battery powered things to get the job done.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  6. SmokeyBear

SmokeyBear 8 pointer

Your poll is about like the presidential ballot last November...not a choice worth voting for.

7. Well-played, sir; well-played.

8. Back when we could be unruly and cival at the same time....

9. Wampuscat

Wampuscat 10 pointer

Apr 10, 2009
    Louisville
    Ding, ding, ding!!! Winner. Truth.

10. bigrw

bigrw Spike

Nov 12, 2012
    Canoe Creek
    I can remember reading this as it unfolded and laughing as I lurked in the shadows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. kyfarmer

kyfarmer 6 pointer

Sep 7, 2006
    Owensboro
    I think if feetdown would be out scouting and hunting as much as he stays on social media stirring the pot. He might be a mediocre outdoorsman.

12. I love this time of year. When responsibilities don't allow me to be in the field I find myself here cutting up. As far a being mediocre goes, that's a matter of opinion, and you know what they say about opinions!

13. kyblackmallard

kyblackmallard 10 pointer

Sep 18, 2006
    Somebody ban CornisKing....