tine repair

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by fast82, Dec 5, 2015.

1. fast82

fast82 6 pointer

Dec 12, 2010
    Ok fellows who is the best at tine repair. I appreciate the info. Thanks

2. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    Try YouTube.all kinds.

3. kyduck1

kyduck1 6 pointer

Apr 9, 2012
    I think that any competent taxidermist should be able to do an antler repair for you

4. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    It's pretty easy.

5. Bone_Chaser

Bone_Chaser 8 pointer

Sep 12, 2014
    Whitley Co
    If it's a simple repair and taxidermist should be adequate. Something more complex check out dmullins he post regularly in the taxidermy forum.

6. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    One of my best friends is a taxidermist(Jim Barnes) broken arrow taxidermist,I have seen him do tine repairs on a lot of deers,maybe he just makes it look easy.he did the blizzare buck that Troy wilson killed in 2002 I think,full velvet and 42-44 points can't remember...I seen that deer in person from the start to the end procedure,wild looking deer for sure.?....dmullins and Jim barnes are two different people also,no disrespect to dmullins but Jim has won quite a few world shows and came in 2nd countless times.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  7. dmullins

dmullins 6 pointer

Aug 3, 2006
    Letcher County
    I do quality work at a fair price. There are many out there better than me I am sure of that. I have had some ask me if I have ever won any awards. My answer is I do not compete. I do taxidermy part time and enjoy it and don't have time to compete. But I will say this, if the time was put into every mount that it takes win a world champion, I don't think most people could afford the mount.

I am working on a couple tine repairs right now. I'll post some pics when finished.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  8. Uscnoklahoma

Uscnoklahoma 6 pointer

Nov 12, 2013
    SC