Times with grandpa

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by CRFmxracer, Dec 9, 2020.

1. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    We had another get together this week I went over snd wrote directions for netflix. Talked about his cars. Which one he wish he Stil had. Which was the fastest. Also asked what’s the best advice he ever heard. Still waiting for the answer on that

Trapper Delk likes this.
  2. wv67

wv67 12 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Man your so right about visiting , My grandparents help raise me no dad growing up I miss them both everyday Pops took me fishing and hunting since I was 5 and we hunted every year every season until he couldn’t if I was in the woods or on the river he was with me , we was each other’s side kicks I miss those days , I thank him every time I’m on the water or in the woods kids today don’t realize what they have

rcb216, Brody and Trapper Delk like this.
  3. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    My grandpa was retired, living in town, was past prime, and had a stroke behind him, before i started hunting. We never weta line or hunted together, but he gave me hours of instruction on visits. He raised 4 kids during the deppresion and was drafted into the army in ww2 when he was in his 30’s, so he had done it all. Even trapping after he moved to town as a way to buy christmas for his kids. Once I asked him what brand of traps he used. “Never had any, I used deadfalls” then showed me how to make a deadfall trap. He caught enough fur with deadfalls to buy Christmas. How many people do that now ? Neccessity will harden you.

Brody likes this.
  4. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    A man’s man.

Brody likes this.
  5. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    Thank you Sir, that he was.

6. 44mag

44mag 6 pointer

Sep 21, 2005
    N/A
    Loved my gramps for sure he is the one that got all of us hunting and even tho I only got to hunt with him maybe 3 years there was some funny times I may share at a later date.... he died in 1987 and miss him each and every day

7. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    My Grandpa had a big fish cage in his basement. About 4 ft long, 2 ft wide, a ft deep. Wood frame with rat wire covering, narrow door the length of it on the side. You lay it in the water, door up, and just toss the fish in. The family vacation was to take family and camp on ky river, fishing all week. Just toss the fish in. End of week meant cleaning the fish and filling the freezer. Vacation costed nothing but the gas there, and you had fish to eat for a year. Im sorry that those days were over before i came along.

CRFmxracer likes this.