Tim Kaine: Ban 15-Round ‘Clips,’ Hold Gun Dealers Liable for Misuse of Firearms

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by EC, Oct 4, 2016.

1. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Tim Kaine: Ban 15-Round ‘Clips,’ Hold Gun Dealers Liable for Misuse of Firearms
    [​IMG]
    AP

by AWR Hawkins22 Jul 20161,420

On July 22 Hillary Clinton announced Tim Kaine as her running mate. Kaine is a Democrat Senator from Virginia who supports a ban on 15-round “clips” and “assault weapons,” and who wants to enact a law to hold gun dealers liable for the misuse of firearms.

During the June 26 airing of Meet the Press, Kaine told Chuck Todd that he voted for an “assault weapons” ban before and “would likely vote for it again.” But he stressed that he believes “limitations on the size of magazines and ammunition clips” is the first step to take.

Todd asked Kaine if he believes the sale of AR-15 rifles ought to be illegal, and Kaine offered no direct answer, Instead, he suggested the problem with banning certain rifles is that the ban can be circumvented. Kaine said:

Here’s the thing, I have voted for [the assault weapons ban], and I would likely vote for it again, but here’s the practical problem I think you’re aware of. As soon as you define what an assault weapon is–that you can’t sell a weapon and here’s how to describe it–gun manufacturers just make one adjustment or two and they say, “See, this isn’t subject to the limitation.”

On September 8, 2015–just two weeks after Vester Lee Flanagan used a legally purchased firearm to kill news reporter Alison Parker on-air–Kaine put forward a bill to hold licensed gun dealers liable for the misuse of firearms. The bill was designed to “raise the bar” and require more “accountability” on the part of gun sellers. The Roanoke Times reported that Kaine’s bill “would make gun sellers criminally liable for a bad sale if they didn’t take reasonable, affirmative steps to determine the customer met federal criteria.”

Consider the scenario–Flanagan passed a federal background check for his gun. He passed the very same check that Hillary Clinton, Gabby Giffords, and others assure us will reduce crime and/or make us safer. But after passing the check and acquiring the gun, Flanagan carried out an evil deed. Background checks will never stop a latent criminal from getting a gun; they only stop actual criminals.

Yet even though the law was followed regarding Flanagan–a federal background check completed and passed–Kaine’s response was to push for more liability on the licensed gun dealer. In other words, he wants the gun dealer held responsible for what a buyer does after exiting the store with a firearm the FBI allowed him to purchase.

This is Hillary Clinton’s running mate.
    http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...lips-hold-gun-dealers-liable-misuse-firearms/

2. Tom Threetoes

Tom Threetoes 10 pointer

Oct 4, 2002
    southern Indiana.
    He's an idiot or the witch wouldn't have picked him for a running mate.

3. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Holding firearm manufacturers liable is one of the most absurd ideas I've ever heard. I can't even grasp it.
    Drunk drivers kill many more each year than firearms. Why aren't auto manufacturers or breweries held to the same standard? It's just baffling to me. Guess I'm out of touch.

4. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Henry County
    No room in this progressive world for logic .

5. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    If Hillary wins AND the Democrats take control of BOTH Houses plus have Hillary put in a couple of HER people in the Supreme Court and that idea is a very, very real possibility.

Call it crazy or anything else under the sun but there ARE several ways around the Second Amendment and we all KNOW Hillary WILL try most of them.

6. grouseguy

grouseguy 12 pointer

Brietbart, seriously ... never mind.

7. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Its so funny its ridiculous. Lets blame Fords v8's for your speeding ticket..Of course its Jim Beam's fault that drunk drivers exist. My extra pounds I lay solely at the feet of my wife as she is too fine a cook. It cant be my fault..

Brsutton86 likes this.
  8. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    BAHAHAHAHA Ford getting a speeding ticket.....

Farrier85 likes this.
  9. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    city cops, nothing better to do :D course it could have been a chevy, then the ticket would have been for impeding traffic.

10. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    I go down Watergap 65-70 almost every morning for the last nine years, meet them all the time and never been bothered.....knock on wood.

Ya know how they've got away with using Fords for police cars for so many years? Cause you HAVE to stop for them :rolleyes:

11. HillBillyFiveO

HillBillyFiveO 8 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Newport, KY
    Are you denying the fact Hillary has advanced a similar position? She has, intact, stated she's wanted to go after manufacturers. Here is a poll, from the Times. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/26/most-americans-disagree-clinton-suing-gun-makers/

Or maybe a tweet she's sent out: http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/04/11/hillary-clinton-end-immunity-gun-owners/

I'm sure there are more, if you care to look at facts. If you are attacking Breitbart, well,....never mind!

Floyd T.

12. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 12 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    When the peolpe who vote her into office complain about what she does to the 2nd amendment it will be to damn late to say I told you so.

13. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    They have been dying to allow the gun dealers and manufacturers to be held liable. Hillary is pushing this hard as well. This is the one thing I try to get people to open their eyes to. If its allowed they can shut them down at will. One by one the government, will their unlimited resources, can keep them in the courts until they are all bankrupt. How some people are so blind as to think the left wingers aren't coming for your guns is unbelievable to me.

JR in KY and baknblack like this.
  14. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Come on, those people DEPEND on people like you, me and the NRA to keep that from happening so they can still support the anti-guners.

15. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    YEP! Kaine is a complete IDIOT, on just about everything. I guess in his feeble mind he thinks the Criminals will turn in their 15-round weapons.